Anorexia

Options
TracyTanda
TracyTanda Posts: 1 Member
Help!!! I'm recovering from anorexia and have started to train in the gym....I'm hoping it will encourage me to eat more but am afraid of putting on weight....any advice

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Are you working with a care team?
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The weight you are gaining (if you actually are gaining) is muscle and isn't fat. I've struggled with ED myself, and I know it's hard to get into that mindset, but you need to remember that it is lean body mass
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Ask professionals who are trained in treating anorexia recovery. Here is not a good place to ask that kind of specific advice and risk being triggered. Good luck.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You should be talking to your care team about appropriate diet and exercise for you right now.
  • stargirl85
    stargirl85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Muscle can weigh quite a lot. So can water. There is a forum here for people putting on weight. There are groups at the bottom too... Maybe you could search anorexia to find those in a similar situation to you.
    The only problem I see is this mfp takes quite a long time to fill out and ur logging everything which can be controlling and you could get obsessive over it which is not what you need. However on the alternative it may make you realise you are entitled to eat a lot more than you feel comfortable eating.
    I can't really help with how you feel except my suggestions near the start of this comment.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    food is neutral, try to think of it as fuel, it's is neither good or bad. it is not comfort. it just is

work with your team. they will help you.
    visit the weight gain section here too, but listen to your team :)
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    As said, listen to your team, remember muscle is pretty good to put on and the gym will do that.
    Do you have a program you're following? New Rules of Lifting for Women, Strong Lifts 5x5, and a few others are popular here. Do you have someone to teach you proper technique?