I need to lose at least 100 pounds! Any support would be great!

Options
It's very helpful to see others going through this journey, it helps to keep me going. Good luck to everyone! Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• LisaCody2015
    LisaCody2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am trying to lose 100 pounds also. Feel free to add me.
  • LisaJeanOzzy
    LisaJeanOzzy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 85-95 pounds and I'm just starting out. Would love to make more friends!
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for friends that can motivate me and friends I can motivate. I'm on a journey to lose 150lbs. Please feel free to add me
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Suggestions: Use a digital scale to weigh/measure your food and learn how to log accurately.
    With a huge goal of 100 pounds, you'll be wise to set intermediate goals all along the way and reward yourself appropriately (not with food). New outfit, massage, etc.

Good luck!
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to lose atleast 80...feel free to add me
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It may seem impossible at first, but break it up into little chunks. Commit to losing 5# at a time so you can celebrate your progress. I'm half way to my goal after two years and I'm your age... it's a process, but it's doable. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • dinadeal2013
    dinadeal2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 50, still want to lose 80-100 more. I'm a stress eater, love food, and eat huge portions! I have been on a roller coaster weight loss life most of my life, so at 52, that's enough. My health is too important. I'd love to have and give as much support as I can! I am a teacher, so summers are challenging with no set schedule. I am focusing on getting in activity 3-4 times a week (water aerobics), meal planning, and healthy snacks. And, of course, one day at a time! Friends welcome please!
  • lindalfg
    lindalfg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am also in the same boat. But I have started again today!!!! Writing everything down. Which is easy with this App. By the way dinadeal2013, we are most definitely in the same boat, with one exception I am 10 years older. But I want to get this weight off so I can help my husband better, he is not in the best of shape, heartwise. So what do you say everyone, we start today?!!!! :)
  • katrinaromero8110
    katrinaromero8110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 100 pounds it's so hard any suggestions
  • amycfatnomore
    amycfatnomore Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have more than 100 to lose!!! Feel free to add me too. I'm pretty new to all of this too, but am down 15 pounds so far. I WILL NOT give up. Zero excuses. I want to be able to live my life, not merely exist. I want to outlive my children. I'm tired of hiding.
  • swansong1001
    swansong1001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same journey. Would love to be friends with others.
  • beckamargaret14
    beckamargaret14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 90 pounds when I started I now need to lose 55 :D
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, and I've lost 75 of the 95 pounds I want to lose. My advice won't work for everyone, but I'm willing to share my tips. I have a somewhat biting sense of humor sometimes, and a rather pragmatic point of view.

Interim rewards are a *huge* help. I acknowledged every 5 pound loss.
    A sense of humor.
    For me, the "fall off the wagon" approach doesn't work. Most social and celebratory occasions involve food, and frequently involve indulgent food.

Proceed with caution with respect to any plan which sets an absolute "always" "never" "only" or suggests a "trick".

Knowledge is power.
    Trends, not days.
    Exceeding the calorie recommendation on any given day does not have to permanently derail you.
    Drink enough water.
    Weigh yourself according to your needs. I weigh myself daily; I'm at peace (mostly) with the fluctuations. Some people weigh themselves weekly. There is no "right" answer.
    There will be fluctuations, probably even with weekly weigh-ins.
    The occasional apparent gain is not usually something to worry about.
    This can be done without taking extreme measures.

If you wish to add me as a friend, please send a message and let me know who you are and why you want to add me.

• Doingthis4mybaby
    Doingthis4mybaby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost 120 and have about that to go again. Feel free to add me or message me.
  • NikkiShells81
    NikkiShells81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I need to lose about 175 lbs. Well now I'm down to needing to lose about 100 lbs as I have lost 79 lbs so far! Been at this since mid-October. Feel free to add me everyone! Thanks!
  • ALovelyChange
    ALovelyChange Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have 150 to lose, anyone and everyone is free to add me. I have an open food and exercise diary, log every day, and communicate on the news feed several times a day. :) Good luck everyone!
  • jordanmcginness914
    jordanmcginness914 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5 down 75 to go!! One day at a time!
  • salaita1968
    salaita1968 Posts: 165 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i need to lose 185 i'm dawn 19 in 3 week and this is my diet call ideal protein diet . friends are welcome to add this is 1 of my 4 vidoeshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdjg02wgO20
  • lfafnis
    lfafnis Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 - 100 to go yet, but have lost 57. Here is some basic advice.

-Don't look at it as a 100 lbs, break it into more manageable chunks like 10 - 20 and reward yourself when you reach each goal. It's better if it is not a food reward.
    - Allow yourself to have a cheat day or meal once in awhile. It gives you something to look forward to but you have to make sure it is one and back on the wagon.
    - If you are really hungry or craving something start with a full glass of water. Many times that will take the craving away. If you still really want it after the water, have a small portion and wait an hour.
    - If you do fall off the wagon and gain, or just don't lose weight one week, DON'T beat yourself up. You are human, you can't be perfect all the time.
    - Give it time, it's not going to fall off nearly as fast as you want it to. Just keep at it and you will get there.

Believe me, I still have to remind myself of these things every day.

You can also add me as a friend if you like. Good luck, you can do it!!!!!
  • skinnerfamily151
    skinnerfamily151 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am with you on motivation....I have to loose at least 100 pounds. I have a bad ankle as it was cut off and put back on when I was younger (i was hit by a drunk driver). Therefor exercise is almost impossible. I just started yesterday and so far so good. So glad I found this sight. It is so nice to see I am not alone...