Anorexia kicking in again.

Options
Hi. My name is Brook. I have not had a major bout of anorexia in a few years. I think a combination of things triggered it. Its been going on for almost 3 weeks and fear it's getting out of control. Any a vice from people of how I can stop this? Someone to be a sponsor perhaps?

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Oh, so sorry to hear that you're struggling.
    Unfortunately nobody here is qualified to advise you - you really need to see a health professional for help. Does your current doctor know you've had issues in the past?
    I'd be happy to be your friend on here though, if you're looking for friends?
  • rosiebrook123
    rosiebrook123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I am kind of going it alone for another week in hopes this app helps. Do you have the same problems?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I am kind of going it alone for another week in hopes this app helps. Do you have the same problems?

If you're struggling with anorexia, calorie counting probably isn't the best thing to do. Definitely speak with your recovery team and let them know you're relapsing.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

If you're struggling with anorexia, calorie counting probably isn't the best thing to do. Definitely speak with your recovery team and let them know you're relapsing.

+1. I have heard of MFP triggering relapses.

Please understand that any help you receive from an untrained internet sponsor isn't going to be as good as the help you receive from a licensed professional. Please get help. Good luck with your recovery.
  • jackiedruga
    jackiedruga Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear you are struggling. Just you being worried about it shows you are ahead of the game. Remember when your daily life revolved around that eating disorder? I know I never was concerned and I didn't think ANYTHING was wrong with me. Just having concern shows you should talk to your doctor or therapist (Whoever treated you previously) Let them know. You are one step ahead of it, recognizing it. Been there. Although, I know my triggers were emotional pitfalls in life and not just my desire to be thin.

I know MFP is keeping me balanced, where as when I had my eating disorder, I would have thought 1200 calories was a ton. Now I look and go, holy heck, that's nothing.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    No, I never have. I just thought you might like a friend.
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I agree with this 100%. Please don't wait - speak to someone asap.

• wendy75_512
    wendy75_512 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am also struggling right now. I was doing great for many years and now I see old habits reappearing. I am very scared that this will take over my life. Feel free to add me and maybe we could help each other.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. It is so hard. I still have weight to lose. But I know I'm spending a little too much time on here. And thinking about stuff too much. It's just so annoying because you need to be half disordered to lose weight at all. By that I mean you have to think about it a lot and consistently. Ugh. It is so hard. I do agree you should find a professional. Also probably stop with mfp. It is not good for the mind space. Good luck
  • perfectmindfuck
    perfectmindfuck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's hard ya gotta lose but you have to walk the line. It's hard.
  • someturtlefan
    someturtlefan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You need a doctor. None of us are doctors. Do you still have a psychiatrist? Call that person immediately. Anorexia can be fatal. Stop trying to lose weight since I bet you're already underweight.
  • locogringo
    locogringo Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Brook, love to you... You may want to find support in a codependent anonymous meeting. It's like AA. The people are non judgemental and it can help to get to the core of the matter. It's not about food.