Can I do toning exercises everyday?

Options
Hoping to get some good reponses here because what I've collected at the gym hasn't helped much...

I love boot camp workouts, barre, pilates and cardio kickbox, but this means I'm doing lunges, squats, crunches and bicep curls (very low weight) everyday! We have all heard that to build good muscle you aren't supposed to work out the same body parts on consecutive days, but these are not really weight lifting exercises. So, I wonder, does that rule apply here? Can I continue doing these activities daily or is there any reason I need to cut back on the lunges, etc? I'm looking for muscle tone.

Thank you for your responses!!!

Replies

• kimberlylove
    kimberlylove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this too. =)
  • starranger
    starranger Posts: 10
    Options
    This is what my trainer has told me:
    Each muscle group needs 48 hours to rest.
    Make a schedule. Mine looks like this:
    Monday ~off
    Tuesday~ Body Pump Class (upper body weights class)
    Wednesday~Spin
    Thursday~ stairmaster and light lower body weights (spin kills your legs if not in shape)
    Friday~ yoga
    Saturday~Zumba
    Sunday~zumba
    I go to 24 hour fitness and all my classes are included.
  • hibro91
    hibro91 Posts: 4
    Options
    in order to "tone" a muscle the suggestion is very low weight with high repetitions when lifting weights. so i see no reason why doing cardio type exercises (as opposed to weightlifting) wouldn't have the same benefits. as for not doing the same exercises daily, it is good to change it up once in a while to "shock" the muscle into growing new tissue (muscles are actually grown because when they do rip (that sore feeling u get) they create more muscle than was there to begin with) so a slight variation on your workout can be helpful. even not doing them 1 day a week can have the same results...plus the rest between hlps the muscle start to rebuild. good luck hope this helped.