Herbalife

Options
I was wondering who here has ever tried Herbalife? I have a friend who swears by it. I tried it for a week. and went by her instrutions of shakes and meals. But I was always starving.

Replies

• ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    why have a shake when you can have real food ;-)
  • butkowski
    butkowski Posts: 2
    Options
    I use Herbalife every day; two shakes with fruit in them per day, plus I eat the protein bars for snacks (2), and then one meal. I also supplements too from Livinity that help curb my appetite. I also munch on veggies too if I get a little hungry.

Brandi
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    I LOVE their shakes. I may have them for breakfast or lunch but I don't live by Herbal life. I do think they have good products though.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    It's an expensive way to loose weight, plus when u stop, you'll gain it all back.... Good old fashion exercise and healthy eating should do the trick!!!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    why have a shake when you can have real food ;-)

Agree. I have tried them all and eventually you need to learn how and what to eat, and get moving.
  • Pinky_fiend
    Options
    I've tried Herbalife for over a week now and I've had no issues, in fact...I've lost 3lbs already. But I think it makes a world of difference if you have an Herbalife coach. I'm not saying to be super strict on the diet, because then you'll be hungry. lol what I did was take a shake in the morning (as breakfast, that came along with the "tea" and an "aloe shot") to replace a "traditional" breakfast. I've also been working out and trying to stay within my calories. Herbalife is ok, but think of it as a booster instead of something that replaces all your other meals. :smile:
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    It's an expensive way to loose weight, plus when u stop, you'll gain it all back.... Good old fashion exercise and healthy eating should do the trick!!!

She said it exactly right. It's expensive and you gain all the weight back once you stop it. Plus you gain a little extra with it!
  • RachelVerthein
    Options
    I can see having a shake for breakfast or for a snack or something on the go. It can be something healthy. I just couldnt handle doing it forever. I like to enjoy a good meal now and then. Yes, i'm joining mfp to lose weight and gain control of eating habits. I just think that it's a cheap way to lose weight. I guess in reality if we all learned to eat healthy no one would be overweight.
  • jenjohnson19
    Options
    I am doing a weight loss challange put on by a couple of Herbalife consultants. They haven't pressured us to buy their products, but I have bought the shakes, a couple supplements and the protein bars.
    I have a shake in the morning for breakfast, but I put an extra scoop of the mix in. It gives my protein levels a boost when starting out my day. The instructors really stress a 1g protein per 1.5 g carb ratio. Make sure you're reading labels! They suggested I get 70 - 99g of protein per day verses the 54g that MFP suggests.
    To each their own, but I'm really getting results using the Herbalife products. I've lost about 20lbs in 7 weeks! :)

Good luck to you in your weight loss journey!
  • Ariyasnow1
    Ariyasnow1 Posts: 117
    Options
    I have a co worker who does herbalife and she has lost weight and has kept it off. BUT, she maintains a healthy eating diet and exercise regime with it.

I believe what she did at first was replace her morning meal with a shake (with additional fruits or veggies), or had it as an extra or post work out snack. She used it more or less to help her get on a better diet and aid in her weight lost. She never used it as a ‘cruch’ per say. They are low in calories yes, but they are too low for a complete meal in my opinion (no matter how yummy the cookies and cream shakes are!). You will starve yourself and end up crash dieting if you try to replace more than one whole meal with the shakes.

I wouldn’t read too much into what herbalife ‘advises’. They are a for-profit business, and they will advertise anyway they can in order to get you to buy more of their products.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! I used to work at a hotel where Herbalife held their functions trying to suck people in. It was always an all day thing, from first thing in the morning until dinner time. The only thing we provided for them all day was water/coffee/tea because everyone would be having the Herbalife garbage. But the time the buffet dinner was served it was like throwing chum in shark infested waters. Seriously, what a joke. If it works for anyone it's just a serious placebo effect going on imho.
  • mskon
    mskon Posts: 64
    Options
    I love Herbalife. I do the aloe water, tea and shake daily. It's good for those days when it's past 6pm and I have 800 calories left {like today}. Not only that, but I get two of my fruits in and a little extra protein!

I spend about $50 every other month. Not expensive at all.
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My aunt has been a distributor of Herbalife for almost 25 years, and she swears by it. She has a very dangerous heart condition, and basically HAS to stay in shape, or she could potentially die. Of course, this is a woman who exercises and eats healthy regularly.

I just started the program about two weeks ago, and I've lost 7 pounds. I drink the protein shake, plus a scoop of personalized protein powder, twice a day with some fruit in each shake. I eat snacks in between, and have a healthy dinner. I'm still tracking my calories on here, and exercising everyday. It's like a normal diet really, except it's a lifestyle change. Herbalife may be a scam, but I think that if you truly believe in replacing two meals a day with something nutritious and healthy.. it will work. It has been.

Also, when I'm hungry, I eat an apple or a piece of toast with peanut butter. Simple as that. :)

I'm happy with Herbalife. I don't reccommend it for all, but it definitely has paved my way for a healthy chance at weight loss. I also get a discount since my aunt supplies me, haha.

I would try it, though!