Young, social, and addicted to carbs.

Options
Hi all,

I'm very new around these parts, but already I can see why the weight has piled on - I suck at this! My food count is *always* over. Looking for young (I'm 23) people that are also having a hard time fitting this new dieting deal around their social life and terrible eating habits. Maybe it'll be easier if we're all in it together?

Amy.

Replies

• meganlee85
    meganlee85 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Amy!

What are some of the times and foods you are struggling with most? Maybe I can help offer some good alternatives :)
  • pamelalee08
    Options
    Hey Amy!
    Im in the same boat you are....the hardest thing that I have had to overcome is the amount of water im suppose to be drinking...I hate it!

I just joined a few days ago and there are alot of really nice motivating people on here, if you want you can friend request me and we can motivate eachother and can give eachother tips on food recipes and work outs and what not! :D

-Pamela
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 26 and have been at this weight loss thing since March 1. Thankfully, I'm down 30lbs but it wasn't easy. I had such an awful relationship with food. I mean, I would sit and eat an entire row of Oreos or a whole box of fruit roll ups. It was gross. I hit my heaviest of 220lbs and decided that it was time to do something or continue getting bigger and unhealthy. I started Atkins and it has basically changed my life. I no longer sit and eat whole boxes of anything. Its a rough road, but well worth it in the end. I've still got about 50lbs to go until I reach my goal but I'm happy to have made it this far. Good luck on your weight loss journey!