Can't stop eating

Options
I am totally out of control and can't seem to control my eating. Anyone else having this problem?

I have put the scale directly in front of the refrigerator in a desperate attempt.

So angry with myself.

Replies

• worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I found making sure I fill out the diary helps. I can see my goal for the day and it helps keep me on track. If you do have a bad day start fresh the next day and try not to dwell on it. Also getting out of the house helps. I find it I am away from the kitchen it helps remove temptation. You could also try messaging a friend before binging for support and prevention. Good luck! :smile:

• suzyfloozyx
    suzyfloozyx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try having a glass of water before you grab food, you might just be thirsty. For savoury cravings try the one cal cup soups or something like hot bovril (or oxo). For sweet get a low cal hot choc. Otherwise just try and make good choices and don't beat yourself up if you don't. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Occupy yourself. It'll take the mind off of food.
  • McGirl
    McGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Get everything out of the house that isn't on your food plan. Package food in single serve containers and bags and only have easily available the food for that day. Freeze the rest or put it in a place that is hard to get to and will force you to be inconvenienced. Make an appointment with a therapist or counselor to find out why you are out of control. Take up some hobbies that involve your mind and hands.
  • pattyfilo
    pattyfilo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I sometimes throw the bad stuff in the garbage open packages so There is no going back
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    imxnianne wrote: »
    Occupy yourself. It'll take the mind off of food.

Exactly. It is tough, but being outside or away from eating environments or situations you normally eat helps a lot.

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Go do something outside the house to get away from the food. Try some high fiber food that will fill you up. I fyou have to snack on low calorie food like veggies.
  • Kathy379
    Kathy379 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Some good suggestions already mentioned :) I also have this issue sometimes and I will try to drink a lot of water, maybe take a walk, distract myself, call a friend, post on here, anything but food. Sometimes I'm successful, other times not. Try not to beat yourself up over it, and start fresh tomorrow :)
    It is hard to not eat when hungry. Maybe you need more protein?
  • MrsJane05
    MrsJane05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was thinking more protein too (Kathy 379)