should I eat more on training days?

Options
Hey I don't want to lose weight, I want to maintain, so for example, I eat 1500 calories a day but on days I train for example if I burn 300 calories should I be eating those calories? And if I don't will I lose weight?

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    yes and yes.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    That's the way this site works - you should have done it when you were losing weight as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nikipb1 wrote: »
    Hey I don't want to lose weight, I want to maintain, so for example, I eat 1500 calories a day but on days I train for example if I burn 300 calories should I be eating those calories? And if I don't will I lose weight?

What are your stats? 1500 is pretty low to maintain?
  • nikipb1
    nikipb1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    nikipb1 wrote: »

What are your stats? 1500 is pretty low to maintain?

I'm 5ft 5 female, age 28, 116pounds
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It seems to work better that way, in part because you can give your body extra calories to fuel your workout without changing your meal plan later. But realistically, you could eat those calories at any time between weigh-ins and not see weight loss, however, if you don't replace calories you burn, you will lose weight.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You should fuel your workouts. If you hav e calories left unburned, then itd just use them as a weekly surplus rather than worrying about any particular day nad just keep an eye on the scales.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Since you are maintaining your weight and no longer trying to lose, I would definitely eat half if not all of your exercise calories back.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's just math.
  • nikipb1
    nikipb1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone.