SLIMMING/TONING ASYMETRICALLY. ...

Options
So, just so I don't feel alone..... who else is having the issue of slimming/shaping up asymetrically? TMI- My left side rolls, love handles and back fat is slimming down soooo nicely. My right side isn't smoothing out as quick. :/
Anyone? Anyone?

Replies

• elliemaebenes
    elliemaebenes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone! Naturally, your body will favor one side over the other, especially if you're just starting out a steady workout routine. No worries, just give it time. Your body will even out!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My right boob will always be bigger than my left one :D
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    No...I don't know what you mean. I kind of wish I could see.
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I'm in agreement. Never really noticed this but will now live with the paranoia-constantly assessing...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing and the other side will catch up.
  • Journey30toLife
    Journey30toLife Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I will post a picture in the morning.
  • Journey30toLife
    Options

Pics posted.
  • Journey30toLife
    Options

I'm in agreement. Never really noticed this but will now live with the paranoia-constantly assessing...

Pics posted.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    How is your posture?
    Do you have any degree of scoliosis?
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The fat may not be reducing differently as much as it is just sitting differently (think the first pic gives the best look. I wouldn't worry at all. I definitely have some places where each side is sligtly different (lower stomach and glutes). But it's really something that we're the only ones noticing lol.
  • Journey30toLife
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    How is your posture?
    Do you have any degree of scoliosis?
    My posture is ok, no scoliosis th at I know of.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with fat on my stomach. It is ever so slightly more on my left side. *shrugs* nothing you can do but just keep losing and losing and trying to work out evenly. ;)
  • Journey30toLife
    Options
    LoL
  • lesliezimmer
    lesliezimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've always been fatter on my left side than my right side. Even when I was 130 lbs and pretty thin, but I can tell more obviously now that I'm heavier. I've just accepted it.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My stomach fat was like this for a while when I was in the middle of losing. I bet if you were to maintain for a while it would even out.
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have seen it until you pointed it out. I don't have calliper but it just appears to be your stance and in all honesty isn't really noticeable. Just keep on keeping on and I'm sure it'll balance itself out.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have an asymmetrical waist due to scoliosis. One side has always been stronger than the other, and one side of my waist is straighter than the other. Perhaps you have something like that going on, too? I try to improve this by 1) not focusing on how it looks 2) exercising regularly (not favoring one side over the other) and 3) doing stretches/yoga.

ETA: My scoliosis didn't show up until I was an adult, so I didn't know I had it for a long time, either. I think what little sport I did as a kid (riding, swimming) kept the scoliosis from being noticeable at the time.