I feel like am dead don't even know it

Options
hello everyone am struggling not ashamed Monday weigh myself at my heaviest 309 lbs writing this bringing tears to my eyes . I put my kids and my husband in front me .my hubby never gain weight am from island so mostly eat Caribbean foods. When am upset I use food as comfort which I know is not right. Lately I been have high heart rate been three doctors say everything is fine

Replies

• BritBoogaloo
    BritBoogaloo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You've taken one of the biggest and important steps in signing up to MFP and coming here- well done! I know it seems daunting but you got this! It's just going to be one day at a time. :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting that out. It is ok.

You can make the changes you want here. Lots of good resources to help you along the way.

I have lost 125 or so pounds myself.

You can friend me if you like.

It can be done and you can do it.
  • rougecrayon2
    rougecrayon2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your weight, worry about your health. In order to be able to support and be there for your husband and kids - you have to put yourself first and teach your kids you love yourself! Cause they love you, you are totally worth it!
  • livingformykids3
    livingformykids3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you I really needed this
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was not at your weight, but I know how you feel! My dad passed away 2+ years ago, and I gave up on everything. My weight soared!!! 3 months ago, I found MFP, and I have not looked back! Life is so much better now! Let the people here help and guide you on your path to healthy living! Do this for YOURSELF!!!! Hugs, and feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    listen you already woke up and took the most important step which is you want to change! i started not so far from your start weight and almost 8 months later i'm 65+ less, so it is possible, you have to have patience, and remember to take it one day at a time, we sometimes want that the weight come down fast and believe me this is a journey and a very long one for people like us.

make your self a favor a hit the search button on the success stories and realize how much this is possible and how many people have accomplish what we are trying to do.

gut luck :smile:

• livingformykids3
    Options
    Thank you I seen it that's why I joined mfp thanks for writing back
  • livingformykids3
    Options
    Thanks everyone I need this
  • ronrhoda
    ronrhoda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you! I don't even know you! You have just taken the first step! Way to go. Every one is so supportive here! I myself feel compelled to stay on course! No it's not easy, but it's worth it!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You took the first step. Being here and learning is a good way to start :) You can do this...for your self, your husband and children

I had 8 months ago also a very high heart rate..Now normal and a resting heart rate between 50 or 62 :)
    Feel terrific....so start walking woman. You are in good company here :)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Caribbean foods...I think of wonderful sea foods, chicken, goat, lamb...great traditional cooking methods. Stick to those and great vegetables and fruits...you will do great!
  • livingformykids3
    Options
    Thank you am trying
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Be patient and work out what it is you want and then learn what you need to do to achieve it. You will have to sort out in your head about putting yourself first, but also taking responsibility for the situation and being prepared to commit if you wnat to lose weight. Have a look on the success forums to look at people who have done that by eating a bit less and moving more. That can be you if you wnat it and are prepared to do what it takes rather than be afraid, put it off or make excuses.

One day at a time. Its easier if you know what you are doing and why.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you came here so you made a good step
    you have some great potential with the Caribbean food.
    measure what you eat. keep track of your calories.
    find exercise that you love. dancing, hiking
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Well done for recognising that your health is being compromised. Remember this feeling and use it as motivation to get yourself fit and healthy. This time next year you will be a different person. Best wishes.
  • Badassshaz
    Badassshaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're in good company :) I also had a very high heart rate. Doc checked and said all is fine, but my iron was on the low side, and elevated heart rate can be a symptom of that. I am taking iron supplements, exercising, and eating better. So far, although I still have a very long way to go in terms of weight loss, I am feeling far better, more positive - and my heart rate is dropping. So good luck, let's do it together!
  • charllata
    charllata Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You are a totally awesome person in your own right -whatever your choices you make -remember that you are number 1!
  • indigorays
    indigorays Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This first step is realizing that you feel unhealthy. The heart rate might be anxiety...which could revolve around your worries about health, your children and your husband. While we can all try to be superman or superwoman, we need to sometimes take a step back and realize we need to start thinking about ourselves, especially when we have concerns about our health. Great job signing up for MFP, you will do well here (: just remember be consistent (it is key) and start light with exercise! We all believe in you!!!
  • DrunkInAGolfCart
    DrunkInAGolfCart Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh you poor love! It sounds like you're having a really rough time! If your doc checked you out and everything is fine, chance are the high heart rate is anxiety - I have it myself and it really sucks. But just remember that YOU are in control of your life and your body. Anxiety can make one feel that they're doomed or make you feel like chaos surrounds you. But it's not the case!

Logging on here is a massive, wonderful step in the right direction. Logging your food and limiting portion size is the best first step to take. My advice would be to don't worry too much about excersize right now - at 309lbs even going for a light walk is going to burn off the cals fast!

You really can do it, mate! YOU are in control.