What music do you listen to when you exercise?

Options
Just as the title says. I am a classic/new rock guy while I am sitting at my desk, but I listen to progressive trance while exercising. It definitely gets me going and gets me in the groove.
So what gets you going?

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercise. For strength training I prefer metal or hard rock, for cardio I like some 80's hair rock, old school R&B or even some pop depending on my mood.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Used to listen to music when I started running but as my runs got longer and faster I now prefer to hear my footfalls and what's happening around me. Also the beat often is out of time with my pace.

If I do listen to anything, I listen to podcasts.
  • intelligentevil
    intelligentevil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    80's pop or 90's rap for cardio. And I know it's weird but Aretha and Etta James for weights.
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cardio mix on Pandora :-D
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Today I ran 10 miles and I listened to Underworld (british techno group)
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Alternative/Indie Pop mostly...but thats all I have on my phone! Usually Bastille, Of Monsters and Men, Walk off the earth etc. Basically my favourite music because thats what helps keep me motivated
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I listen to lots of different things, I just go by my mood. Sometimes heavy rock, sometimes pagan folk, sometimes swing, sometimes a soundtrack from a film or musical...
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    EDM for cardio. I need to slow myself way down for bodyweight resistance training - trying to use time under tension for progression - so I like reggae for that, or sometimes alt country/folk/psychedelic stuff. I count down every other bar. I like all kinds of music, though.
  • bethnheidi
    bethnheidi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've created my own playlist comprising of dance remixes...works for me and I love it ☺
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I listen to pretty much everything, but for lifting it's usually all metal. I find there's no better motivation coming up from a heavy squat than Tom Araya screaming in my ears.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Any song that's rock or metal but it has to be a fast song. Can't run to any type of ballads or slow songs.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Used to listen to music when I started running but as my runs got longer and faster I now prefer to hear my footfalls and what's happening around me. Also the beat often is out of time with my pace.

If I do listen to anything, I listen to podcasts.
    Step 1. Listen to thrash metal
    Step 2. Match your pace to the beat
    Step 3. Enjoy smashing your PR and the current world record at the same time

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    None! When doing strength training I concentrate on the movement and don't want to be disturbed by music. When running I don't because I'd otherwise adjust my pace to the beat. Besides, it's nice to hear the birds sing outside. Why would I want to be in my own little world when there's so much to hear?