Pre workout question

Options
I purchased my first pre workout yesterday. I was shocked to get home and notice there wasn't even half of the container with product. Is this normal?? When I say not even half I mean it stands up MAYBE an inch in this big container! I purchased the #shatter sx-7.
Thanks for the help!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It's sold by weight not volume. Like crisps. And cereal.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't use a preworkout but I am guessing it is like buying a container of protein powder where the powder is not right up to the top. But if you are saying that there is a large container and there is literally only enough to fill an inch of it, something sounds off. Try weighing it.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's sold by weight not volume. Like crisps. And cereal.

Yeah, I have C4 extreme and it looked near empty when I bought it. Just to make sure it was how many servings it was, I used a scoop and emptied it into a bowl and counted each time. There was 30 servings :)
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That's pretty typical of any preworkout. Big containers are a marketing thing. If you haven't taken the shatter yet and you're new to preworkouts, do yourself a favor and start at 1/2 to 3/4 of a scoop. Especially if you don't comsume a lot of caffeine. Shatter is one of the more intense preworkouts i've used.
  • loro9159
    loro9159 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Alright! Thank you all. I went back and asked a few questions about it and they told me this one has no fillers which is why there is so little in the container.

Another question... What is your thought on thermogenic pre workouts?
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've heard of thermogenic pre workouts...? I know thermos are taken as a supplement (fat burner) but I've never heard them considered as a preworkout. Either way, a lot of people go back and forth with thermogenics. There's not too much strong evidence to back them up but from everything I've read the best way to have them be effective is to take them before a cardio session. If i'm going to do a morning run I take one about 20 minutes before my run with 8ish oz of water. I like the cellucor HD or Epiq Ripped. Make sure you cycle them though. The caffeine tolerance you build with preworkouts and thermos is pretty crazy. You can buy stimulant free thermos though.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I hate marketing strategies like this, and the waste that goes into making and then disposing of a container that is so outsized compared to the amount of product. For me, that's a deal breaker. I have no opinions about the relative value of "thermogenics" lol.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Contrary to public opinion, these companies aren't trying to scam you with the container size. There are a handful of companies that manufacture supplement containers and the supp companies that want to use those manufacturers have a choice of small, medium, large... maybe there are minute difference is design options, but they will be roughly the same size for all.

You're paying for the weight of the actual product minus the container.
  • jaketaylor1391
    jaketaylor1391 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Never take pre workout and do any form of cardio! Also if possible always take bare minimum. I take about 3/4 of a scoop instead of the full mainly because its a very dangerous product and you shouldnt take any over what you need. Those are my thoughts on pre workouts in general, any product that increases your heart rate by a certain amount should be used with caution.