consumed all my calories..but still so hungry!!!!

TAMMY_76
TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Ok i have consumed all my calories for the day but i am still so hungry....i am craving not so good food and i already had my weekly treat day..what can i do to curb this plz help

Replies

• vabheegaard
    vabheegaard Posts: 61
    Water! Water! Water!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    You could try chugging some water - works for me most of the time
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    I have been drinking tons of water and its just not working :sad:
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    I agree with everyone else. Water, water, and more water
  • Laughnessie
    Laughnessie Posts: 11 Member
    I haven't been doing this long, not long at all actually. I LOVE to eat, and what I've noticed is eating lots of protein and fiber keeps me fuller longer and I've eaten things like Tuna Steaks *fresh from you grocer* DELICIOUS! Filling, and low fat too! :) Lots of veggies and water too! :happy:
  • denisecc
    denisecc Posts: 72 Member
    I drink water with lots of wedges of limes, lemons, or oranges. Why couldn't you have something that is sugar free like jello, pudding, popsicles. They are very low in calories.
  • Fenyx
    Fenyx Posts: 87 Member
    Water is always good, I try to time it with or after a meal as far as throwing down a little extra. Try adding some protein to your meals, I had the same exact problem. Was eating all my calories and starving after. Added more protein and that helped. Eventually I had to up my calories a smidge because it continued to happen. Sometimes the body knows whats best and tries to tell us by nearly wrecking the good work we have put in lol. So I went from 1200 to 1300 calories a day, and it has stopped the starving, along with adding more water and more protein. Hope that helps =)
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    One of my favorite snacks is sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding with sliced fresh pears. You use the pears as a spoon - way yummy and way filling. It's like eating a dessert!

Apparently you need more protein in your calorie intake. It's the protein that keeps you from being hungry. And the water, of course. Did you spread out your meals, eating a little every few hours? That helps, too.
  • innladync
    innladync Posts: 1
    try drinking some hot tea with a dab of honey. Or maybe a glass of milk.
    Or if you can, go for a walk to get out of the house, away from food.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Try and get out to do 30 mins exercise so you can eat more? OR, this often works for me (hee hee), think about the first option, decide you can't be bothered to move, but feel guilty so refuse to eat anyway!
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Drink a bunch of water -- try to chug a litre or so. Or brush your teeth. Sometimes I find 'cravings' are actually just because there's a certain taste leftover in my mouth. (Sounds gross, but you know what I mean! :laugh: )
  • oncechunky
    oncechunky Posts: 3
    Yes, drink the water but also distract yourself. Get out of the house and do something fun.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    I like sipping herbal teas :) or like some of the other said get in a workout then you can snack
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Can't view your diary so can't be super helpful but the one thing I know is that protein works really well for me to curb my hunger AND my cravings! I try and get in 120g -160g of protein a day. Protein shakes, tuna!, cheese, greek yogurt to name a few protein snacks I like. I also try to eat only clean carbs. Fruit and veggies only no flour, bread, pasta stuff. :flowerforyou:
  • dd122436
    dd122436 Posts: 39
    I went through this only hours ago and it passed. I had tea and coffee without sugar (very few cals). I also started thinking of really disgusting images or odors (weird I know) but it takes my mind off of food right quick! Also make up a treat for yourself (non-food) to give yourself if you make it through the rest of the day...hot bath with candles, time to yourself to read, shopping etc. Also try to keep yourself busy and your mind off of food. That's all I got, you can do it!
  • thatgirlLeah
    thatgirlLeah Posts: 44 Member
    You could eat a huge salad with a little lemon and vinegar to fill up, then go for a walk. If you're willing to go a little over on calories or live a mile or two from a convenience store, you could just allow yourself a small indulgence...a can of soda, one small bag of chips, a push pop...something that will not be ridiculously high in calories but will make you feel like you...

1) had a treat
    BUT...

2) the treat did not HAVE YOU!!!

If you walk 2 miles round trip, you'll have earned some extra calories to "spend" so you won't destroy your hard work. You can make it through this one hard night without sabotaging yourself!
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Have a half serving of any kind of nut. They'll keep you full for hours. If you don't have the calories left, do a few minutes of exercise so they'll fit in to your day.
  • I have the same problem....usually late at night before bed so I drink hot tea with honey, drink lots of water and/or chew gum. I eat alot of protein but still have this problem.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    just a little advice.

try to spread out your meals and snacks thr out the day,and set a time every day that your not going to eat after, for me it 8pm, i dont eat anythig after 8 and im not hungry, its just a habit that i have got myself into and if you put this into practice you will begin to feel the same way too.

but for now even if you have eaten all of your calories for the day, your not suppose to feel deprived so why not make a small salad with 2 bottles of water to hold you over until morning then take it from the top tomorrow it takes practice but you will get usto spreading out your meals for the entire day and then stopping at a certain time :)
  • dmitche3
    dmitche3 Posts: 4
    try to eat meal thats are 200-250 calories per meal about 2-4 hrs apart or 6x this way you can spread out your calories. when i do this i'm under I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.