.... Back in the saddle again. Hopefully this time for good

Options
hello all! Summer has started and it feels like the best time for me to start my weight loss and lifestyle change journey for good. I'm off for 3 months and have nothing but time on my side. Unfortunately, like most, I battle with insecurity and intimidation.... At the gym, the mall, at work... You name it. I used to be the star athlete, I used to be beautiful and I used to be outgoing. I just want myself back and hope that this forum/app can help. Sorry to be the Debbie down and to get dark, but just getting this out has already helped. I need all the help I can get... Positive of course. I don't do well with negativity and the so called " tough love".... Not yet at lest.

Replies

• melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What a great decision to make! Very proud of you for voicing your accountability. May I add something? The "used to". You ARE beautiful... (not used to be). I bet you are outgoing still. We put so much of negativity on ourselves at times that it overcomes the positive possibilities. I struggled with always trying to "please people". In the meantime, I was bringing myself down because I was putting so much positivity on others and completely forgetting about myself. Not anymore. My mindset changed this past March. Since that mindset change, I've lost 18 pounds since March of this year.

Do you have a plan? I was clueless about how many calories, blah blah blah... I started logging my food in MFP (app) and it started to become a habit. 111 days in and still pressing on. Some of my entries are not pretty ones but it's "ME". I'm not perfect and never will be. I strive to just be "ME".

Please feel free to add me.

Keep on, keeping on sista!

Melissa~
  • nikkibear1277
    nikkibear1277 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you so much. I does help to hear that people are going through the same things... That aren't always motivated... And don't always have the perfect eating days. Honestly, it's more discouraging for me when people are "perfect", or seemed to be in their journey. Thank you for the honesty and the kind words. I just hope everyone is as positive and helpful as you are. I will add you... That would be great!!!

Christy
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Christy, I posted on another of your threads too. Please join our small challenge group, MOBO MOTO. Everyone in the group has a significant amount of weight to lose, and we are great at keeping each other motivated!

Karen
  • nikkibear1277
    nikkibear1277 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    KarenZen wrote: »
    Christy, I posted on another of your threads too. Please join our small challenge group, MOBO MOTO. Everyone in the group has a significant amount of weight to lose, and we are great at keeping each other motivated!

Karen

Ok, great! I'll look for it!
  • dw180
    dw180 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi...i too know what its like to be on again off again..because its hard...i have a nice amount of weight to lose myself and i joined here and i pray that it helps you can add me of you like we can help each other