weight loss

Options
I have been doing this going on my 6th week, I was losing weight at 2-3 lbs a week, then all of a sudden I have stayed the same for 5 days in a row, not an ounce difference. I still have 65 lbs to go. Any suggestions out there?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Weight loss isn't linear, and you'll never lose every day or week. Also, you shouldn't be losing at a pace greater than a pound and a half per week now.

If not seeing the scale move/seeing fluctuations up is a problem, you'll probably be better off weighing at most one a week.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    5 days is nothing, you won't lose weight constantly. If you don't lose weight for 6 weeks or more then you need to start re-evaluating what you're doing. And if you do stop losing weight for that long, it's likely a logging issue, and you'll need to make sure you're correct in your calorie counts by weighing everything you eat.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    just keep at it. make sure you are accurate at your logging and eating at a deficit and you should be ok
  • jacolson77
    jacolson77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could be loosing inches. Are you measuring your self?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Stick with the plan, measure calories accurately, it will come off.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    jacolson77 wrote: »
    You could be loosing inches. Are you measuring your self?

Yes, the scale is only one measuring tool, and not always the best. Any number of things can mask weight loss - water retention being a big one, and you can retain water for any number of reasons. Start taking body measurements and progress pictures. I've found those to be more motivating than the scale! :)

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Your profile says 26 lbs. lost. If that has been over 5 weeks, you have lost more than 2-3 lbs. per week on average. In fact, you may be losing too quickly.

As others have said, weight loss isn't linear. I'm always astounded at those who say there is "not an ounce difference" when they weigh themselves (unless within a few minutes). My weight fluctuates several lbs. from day to day... sometimes up and sometimes down, but I stay within a general range. The range goes down over time, but I can't plot every scale reading on a graph and see a straight line.

It wouldn't hurt to go into the Goals on MFP, recalculate your calories and macros to see if it changes. I've always had problems with MFP not updating calories as I've lost, unless I actually went in to the option to calculate calorie deficits and such.

Finally, weigh yourself weekly at about the same time/day. Since it isn't uncommon to not lose or to gain over short periods of time, wait until you have not lost for several weeks before making any changes.

My last plateau lasted 5 months and then I had a big whoosh at the end. It's been 3 months since that happened, and I don't know when this plateau will end. But it is important to be patient and follow the plan you know will work.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    also don't be a slave to the scale
    it's a tool, my body weight fluctuates. due to this some people only weight themselves 1/wk or 1/month
  • hosh25
    hosh25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank You all so much, what you say makes sense. Thanks again. I will keep you posted.
  • sopia717
    sopia717 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5 days is nothing, you won't lose weight constantly.Just keep at it.....
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i agree with everyone else. measure inches, too, and keep going. sometimes you'll hit a lull, and then start losing again. :smile:
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you've been doing. Exercise patience, manage expectations and have realistic goals.
  • hosh25
    hosh25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    agal129 wrote: »

Nice article, Thank You very much. I just need not to worry and stick to it.
  • dpotter7
    dpotter7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I read a quote that reminded me that the scale only shows your relationship to gravity. It doesn't tell you how much healthier you are or how much more fit you are. Don't focus solely on the scale. Just keep at it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Keep your fingers crossed for a visit from the whoosh fairy soon :D At the end of my weight loss, I was lucky to lose 1kg a monthvvdv9q0vd8dk.jpeg