1000 days and still in the game

Options
cmuggridge
cmuggridge Posts: 58 Member
Today is my 1000th (that's right, 3 zeros) day managing my calorie intake. I have danced around my allowance more than once but I have never stopped tracking and it has allowed me to reign things back in when they are getting too far out of whack. After 1000 days, I have kept off 52 of the original 65 pounds I lost and I have started losing again by recommitting myself to my daily goals. I highly recommend myfitnesspal (not a paid advertisement, I promise) to anyone who wants to take better control of what they eat instead of having it control them and I give it full credit for enabling me to change my life.

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats to you. The fact that you hung in here even when you gained a little was really smart. You had the method already in place to get back in the saddle. Nice going on your loss and your 1000 days! Incredible.
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm coming up on 200 and I thought that was good, lol
  • quinnyplh
    quinnyplh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well done bud, that's dedication! I'm inly only fourth day but already seeing the benefit of tracking and loads of great people on here :)
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Inspiring, thanks!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Happy 1000th! I remember that feeling of accomplishment :)
  • cmuggridge
    cmuggridge Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also want to let people know that this is possible even if you are dealing with depression or other similar challenges. I myself am Bipolar and on those days that are hard to focus or even get out of bed I take a couple of minutes and log as best I can. I don't worry about how much I am eating, only that I get it down. I try not to beat myself up for "pigging out" and I remind myself how the future me will be disappointed if I don't do this one little thing. If you miss a day though, don't get down on yourself. Just recommit and move on. Anything else is counter-intuitive and self-destructive. It is not always easy but it is always rewarding, if for no other reason than to show yourself that you are worth the effort and you deserve to be happy and healthy. As wiser people than I have said - it is not the falling that matters, it's the getting back up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!