Questions about calorie tracking

Options
If I want to have say, six light beers tonight (probably around 1,000 calories), and I am supposed to eat 1700 calories a day on my diet and burned around 300 via exercise today, is it very unhealthy to eat only 1000 calories and drink the rest? I drink once a week, and I don't really want to give it up but also don't want to sabotage my diet. I'm halfway to my goal and my weight loss is slower so I'm being more careful.
Also, while I'm asking questions, I usually don't calculate my exercise burn into my calorie budget (unless I feel hungry after all of my calories which I usually don't), mostly because I don't have a HR monitor yet and I'm afraid that I will overestimate it. is that correct to do or is it unhealthy? Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i would say no. a calorie is a calorie is a calorie
    however, depending on how long those are spaced out, consider the health issues that come with consuming large amounts of alcohol at once
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt your weight loss but it's probably not the healthiest approach. If you're not eating back any exercise calories during the week, why not just eat a little extra today? Or go to maintenance one day a week to enjoy a night of drinking.
  • LaurenConCarne
    LaurenConCarne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice guys!