Need Support Friends

Options
I just found this through my son and decided to give it a try. I am turning 50 in December and do not want to spend another birthday or New Year weighing over 200 pounds! I am currently struggling with work, school, a sick mother and difficult relationship. It all makes it difficult to even think about eating right and exercise.

My goal is to lose 100 pounds, but need a little motivation from people who understand the struggles. <3

Replies

• Chilena69
    Chilena69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend! I'm 46 and have been using MFP since early March. I've lost 22 lbs. with a goal of 25-30 lbs. to lose. Nothing has ever worked for me until I began using MFP. My best advice is to be patient. This is a process with the occasional setbacks, but as long as you are committed to the process, you will find success. Also, if you don't have a food scale, I recommend getting one. You need to log your food as accurately as possible. Once I started using a food scale, I realized I was eating more calories than I thought. I'm married with an 8 year old child and a full-time job, and I struggle with finding time to work out, but I squeeze in one cardio and one strength training session per week. I always feel better when I can get even a little workout. Try starting with just 5-10 minutes of cardio per day (think jumping jacks, scissor jumps, etc.), maybe before you get in the shower. Or a 20 minute walk after dinner. It all adds up! You can do this!