Hello I'm Mark!

Options
win6177
win6177 Posts: 9 Member
Well Hello!
I am an active 55 year old with 3 adult children, 3 grandchildren and a beautiful 9 year old little boy whom we adopted few years back. In fact we have had him since he was one year old as a foster placement (after having about 35 babies over 15 previous years) but decided to become his forever family. He has many challenges in all aspects of his life and I need to improve my general physical condition to be the dad he needs currently and to meet the upcoming needs in coming years. I am recovering from recent (1 week ago) back surgery and not referred to PT yet and moving within the strict restrictions as this early stage requires. Looking forward to moving through this stage, gaining core strength, flexibility and endurance. Obviously new to this forum and will learn the best way to fit in, gain some support and provide some as well throughout my journey. Online communities are a bit new to me so this should be interesting!

Replies

• jefforoni
    jefforoni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stay active and of course make sure you consume your micro(+2 serving of fruit/veggies)/macro nutrients! Good luck sir you can achieve your goals just stay consistent as possible!
  • win6177
    Options
    Thanks much. Will do and also intend to lose about 10 lbs as part of getting my core healthier. Having to wait for all of the activity and taking a long-term approach...
  • shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fast healing to you for a quick recovery to enjoy your youngest and all of your children. Sounds like a wonderful Blessing to have this young boy and sounds like you have raised a great family. Best of luck to you on your new journey. Wishing you only success!
  • win6177
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm enthused and feeling better than I have in a decade! I am VERY fortunate to have the life I do and did get a bit of a reality-check with this recent back event. Thanks again!
  • win6177
    Options
    Doing well with food. Next Friday I have an appt with my (back) surgeon. At that point he'll refer me to PT and then I can FINALLY begin to do some excercise. The restrictions are tough but I need to conform!