The ah-ha moment

Options
welchbriauna
welchbriauna Posts: 16 Member
when did you feel enough was enough? I seem to feel this everyday but never follow through my love of eating takes over. How did you start your life change?

Replies

• ronrhoda
    ronrhoda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! Log everything you eat and drink! It will surprise you! Make goals, follow through and be positive & determined. I tell you when you lose a size top and bottom, it's a motivator!!!! Exercise, even if it's walking only a little to start! You CAN DO THIS!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I thought to myself one day that i hate being this way and from that day on i got up off my fat *kitten*, worked out, and ate better.
  • slees21
    slees21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Heart attack. Had started eating better and working out prior to heart attack. Then about a month later started my normal yo yo to a 25 pound weight gain. Found this place after 11 pound gain and am now more focused.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    When I realized the Big and Tall section is not where the cool kids hang.

I started walking and eliminated the worst of the high sugar high fat calorie bombs I was eating and it started working!

I did get good medical and nutritional advice and training to have a fact based strategy.

It worked!
  • sars388
    sars388 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get life insurance for our new mortgage due to my high BMI and thought what the hell are you doing,sort yourself out.
  • marbixd
    marbixd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd realised that I hated my appearance and I couldn't handle comments about it..and of course I did it for my health..I couldn't run,use the stairs etc..Just imagine that day when you can finally say ''I did it''!It will become a habit!Keep it up :)
  • getinripd
    getinripd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    when did you feel enough was enough? I seem to feel this everyday but never follow through my love of eating takes over. How did you start your life change?

I changed my life by forgiving myself every time I screw up. I give myself permission to get it wrong now and it doesn't matter if I screw up. I no longer motivate myself with negativity. Giving in to food, oh yeah, all the time haha! So what. Getting it wrong, so what. Being overweight, so what. It doesn't matter. Happiness matters. Friends and family matter. Love matters. Side effect of all of this is I eat well most of the time and I exercise maybe 2 to 4 days a week Its no big deal, its just what I do now. Some weeks I don't go to the gym. Took a year to change attitude and its slow but certainly move one for me was to forgive myself. You cant change too much if you are unhappy. Love yourself instead baby! Add me and all the people on my friends list. All very positive people, mainly in the UK. Lets do this! Couple of lb this week maybe? C'mon lets rock this s***! Look forward to seeing that beautiful smile on my feed every day. :)
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When I was in a store pushing an empty cart and had a major heart flutter - it took my breath - I thought I was going to pass out and my family was on the other side of the store. It was actually amazing how much went through my mind in about 20 seconds! My BP has been up (140/100) for a few years and I have struggled with my weight/migraines/BP since the birth of my 2 child ( I have 3)
    The true struggle for me is mental. I truly have in my head "I will never look as I did when I was younger and playing sports so why try?!" It really took having these major health concerns finally push me in the right direction. Today is day 40 of logging for me and I am down 8lbs of my 40 ish lb goal.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I went an ANOTHER vacation and got to watch the husband do things I was either to big to fit into or beyond my mobility level to do. I weighed 386 pounds and decided on the way home from that vacation that I was done living like I was 100 years old because my mobility was shot. Bariatric surgery 4 years ago got me started. Following the food plan, counting my calories, being active in one form or another daily and I've lost 164 pounds so far. Now I can go anywhere and do just about anything. I still want to lose another 30 or so to get below 200 pounds, but logging on here every day is invaluable to keeping me on track.
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I faced the scale after struggling to put on a pair of capris from last summer that were suppose to be my "temporary"size and saw I had put on almost 20 more lbs since then. No more excuses, I had to make changes.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of shopping in the fat section. I was skinny once and I want that body back. There are a lot of cute clothes in the regular size clothes and I want to fit in them. So I'm gonna keep working at it until I reach my goal.
  • Myflwr55
    Myflwr55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am still struggling with it, for me it is really only week 2... my weight has been steady for the past few years, give or take, but I am tired of it... I want to be below 200... I don't want my children's friends to snicker, I want to be active, I want to be proud and feel good about myself again. I have never been a stick, nor was I ever overly huge, but I am uncomfortable and if I do not make changes, I will only get larger, less healthy and deeper into my downward spiral of depression. I have now hit my 40's and really have no excuses. I want to be a good example for my children, who are extremely active and healthy, this is a lifestyle ...
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I already was on high blood pressure medication and had obstructive sleep apnea...then my Dr. said my EKG was "fairly normal". That was it!!!...my dad died of a heart attack at age 50. I was 43 at the time and didn't want to go down the same road. I'm 49 now and much happier and healthier. God is Good!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I saw a number on a scale I told myself I would never get too.
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The birth of my son. I want to live long enough to watch him grow up and to be a good role model for health.

• chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I started by being honest, tracking every single piece of food or ounce of drink. I started at a gym and they took my body fat % and I was totally ashamed.

I have a son that is 3 years old and I want more kids... I want him to enjoy healthy foods, to know that treats are nice but protein and veggies are what fuels his body... I want to learn to make healthy meals that he loves and begs for more veggies!

I want to make him proud of how his mommy looks!
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was tired of being tired, and suffering from low self esteem. I had never been skinny in my life, and I accepted the challenge. I thank God everyday that I never gave up on me. I could not be happier right now. I still have some vanity weight that I want to lose :).
  • cubcakegurl88
    cubcakegurl88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had tried a year earlier and gave up because I wasn't seeing any progress. My friend that had started that year with me was already down 68 lbs.

I decided I was done with excuses and reasons not to, oh, and the guilt that came with it all. I knew I had caused this, it wasn't all genetics. It was a lifetime of poor judgment and emotional eating. So I faced the facts, let what I could go, and just started to research and make better decisions about what to put into my body and what to do on a daily basis.

Plus I was tired of feeling like I was just maintaining a life. I wasn't living. So now each day I try to do something that makes me feel as though I'm living.

Best decision of my life!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I loved reading all your responses. I am like the OP. I keep buying healthy stuff planning on working out but I always let it get the best of me! I am sick of it!