I am a new mom

AngelaMackenzie
AngelaMackenzie Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hello I am a new mom I had my daughter on september 12 and I am looking to get back into shape I gained a lot of weight during my prgnancy and just want to shed it now. I am breast feeding and I am unsure of how many more calories I am supposed to eat to make sure that I get enough for my baby. Also I am wondering how often I should exercise, if I take my dog out for a walk 3 times a week for approximatly 30 minutes each time how much more should I do to be able to lose around 1 lbs per week, I have never really been good at figuring this out.

Replies

• hello I am a new mom I had my daughter on september 12 and I am looking to get back into shape I gained a lot of weight during my prgnancy and just want to shed it now. I am breast feeding and I am unsure of how many more calories I am supposed to eat to make sure that I get enough for my baby. Also I am wondering how often I should exercise, if I take my dog out for a walk 3 times a week for approximatly 30 minutes each time how much more should I do to be able to lose around 1 lbs per week, I have never really been good at figuring this out.
  • Hey, you're going to love this site! I just had my son Nov 14 and Im breastfeeding too. Ive been told to tack on 300 extra calories. Im not sure about the exercise thing but I hope you enjoy the site, gotta run, gassy baby calling:sad:
This discussion has been closed.