"Only" 12 lbs

Options
Hey all

Just thought I'd share my success - mainly so I also believe it as when I look in the mirror, I see no change yet photos tell all

So in late March, I was 152lbs and, for my 5'4" frame, it was too much - and also much heavier than I like to be so I embarked on weight loss journey 2 million and 22 (slight exaggeration but that' what it feels like). I have always had issues with my image reflection so I decided to take photos. I took 1 at the start at 152lbs, then 1 at 145lbs then the last one today at 140lbs. Actually "only" 12lbs is quite a difference! Hopefully these will motivate anyone who feels they have "only" lost a small amount of weight.

p8fh27n6s35o.jpg

375gw0dptzn2.jpg

nytw0uaaf9zr.jpg

ETA - Not sure why photo 1 is wonky....but you get the gist!

Hopefully this will help motivate anyone who feels they have "only" lost xlbs

Thanks for reading
Becky

Replies

• IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You look great! What are your workout routines?
  • MADHATTER68
    MADHATTER68 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Needed the motivation today thanks!! :)
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I run 3 times a week, cycle once a week, spin once a week and horse-ride for an hour on a Sunday. I'll also do some bodyweight exercises - although from today I'm adding free weights to tone a tad more before my holiday in September
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Great Job Beck!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Great job. Also, I've never seen pants so bright. Incredible.
  • Becky_charles29
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Great job. Also, I've never seen pants so bright. Incredible.

Haha - thank you! I like to bring the sunshine inside :)
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I run 3 times a week, cycle once a week, spin once a week and horse-ride for an hour on a Sunday. I'll also do some bodyweight exercises - although from today I'm adding free weights to tone a tad more before my holiday in September

Awesome! I'm trying to get in more strength and less cardio. It's hard to make that transition because the calorie burn is so much less with strength. I find myself mixing it up with a Jillian Michael's DVD followed by 10-15 minutes on the treadmill.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You have a nice physique. I wish I would have kept a similar waist to hip ratio when I lost.
  • youmeandthesea
    youmeandthesea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those exercise pants!! Where did you find those?! I am always looking for fun bright colors!! :)
  • Becky_charles29
    Options
    IRun4Me_12 wrote: »

Awesome! I'm trying to get in more strength and less cardio. It's hard to make that transition because the calorie burn is so much less with strength. I find myself mixing it up with a Jillian Michael's DVD followed by 10-15 minutes on the treadmill.

I agree it's going to be tough! I'm going to do it slowly I think as I do love my cardio! I have to keep running though in case I get a place in the London Marathon next year...eeek!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    amazing how 12lbs can make such a big difference
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fabulous!! Your waist and legs are so toned and beautiful!
  • Becky_charles29
    Options
    You look fabulous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those exercise pants!! Where did you find those?! I am always looking for fun bright colors!! :)

Haha. My mum bought them for me as a present a few months ago and I can just get into them now. They are USA Pro I think
  • bel_augusto
    bel_augusto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! Congrats! What did you change or add in you food diary to help?
  • Becky_charles29
    Options
    You're looking great! Congrats! What did you change or add in you food diary to help?

I had just lost focus and gained. The odd time of not logging turned into a week and bam...weight came on. I haven't really changed too much of the food I eat...more about accountability. I track everything...even days that are not great. This has kept me on track and I still eat chocolate and drink wine -albeit occasionally!
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    We have very similar stats! I am the 'before' you at 151 right now...can I ask how many calories you net per day? You look awesome...such an inspiration as 140 is my goal! Thanks for sharing your story. x
  • Becky_charles29
    Options
    We have very similar stats! I am the 'before' you at 151 right now...can I ask how many calories you net per day? You look awesome...such an inspiration as 140 is my goal! Thanks for sharing your story. x

Glad it's inspired you!

I typically net 1,200-1,400 - although a couple of times a week I net around 1,800 when I do my long runs as I just need more energy! There have been a few days over 2,000 but were totally worth it and have kept my mind on track
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! I'm the same height as you and 130 but don't look anywhere near as fit! Well done!
  • beanerschnitzel
    beanerschnitzel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! And yes, it does help to see what a difference "only" 12 lbs can make. Thank you!!!
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OMG I am in the same boat! Thank you for posting this!
    You look awesome btw :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!