Crockpot Chicken Recipes?

Options
lkw1239
lkw1239 Posts: 7 Member
It's summertime and I don't know about you guys, but I HATE turning on the oven in the afternoons. Anyone have any good crockpot chicken recipes they'd recommend? Thanks!! :smiley:

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Maybe not the healthiest BUT delicious and I'm sure there's a way to "skinny" it up:

1 - 8 oz. pkg cream cheese

1 lb. chicken breast

1 can corn

1 can black beans

1 can Rotel diced tomatoes/jalepenos

1 container sour cream

Low for 8 hours, and bam. Delish and perfect as a dip at parties also.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I find bone in turns out best in crock pot. boneless just turns into a dry nasty mess, at least in my crock pots- they run so hot(even on low, and keep warm). One of my favorites is bone in chicken thighs and a great marinara sauce. cook together on low, about 3-4 hours honestly(again, at least my brand of crock pot cooks that fast).

skinnytaste.com has several chicken recipes, as well as many pork, turkey and beef crock pot recipes.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Easiest Crock Pot Chicken Salsa Verde
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 3 • Weight Watcher Points+: 3 pt
    Calories: 145 • Fat: 2 g • Carb: 5 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 26 g • Sugar: 0 g
    Sodium: 415 mg (without the salt) • Cholest: 0 mg

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 lbs raw skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp oregano
    1/8 tsp ground cumin
    salt, to taste
    16 oz roasted salsa verde

Ingredients:

Season chicken with garlic powder, oregano, cumin and salt and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with salsa verde, cover and cook HIGH 2-3 hours. (I have also done on low for 6 hours). Remove chicken and shreds using two forks.

Simple and delicious!
    I usually serve on extra thin corn tortillas with just a dollop of sour cream (not in calories count above). My entire family loves this!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love this slow cooker chicken cacciatore with mushrooms. I even made it yesterday and now have 8 portioned lunches in my freezer.
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/sunday-slow-cooker-chicken-cacciatore-with-mushrooms/