Hello, I'm new here

Options
I've just started my weight loss journey and I'd love to have someone join me. I need someone to be accountable with and to share tips for balancing a busy household with healthy eating and exercise. I've downloaded the mfp app to my phone and it's great to be able to refer to it easily.
I just had my fifth child 7 weeks ago so it will be slow and steady (as I'm bf) but a change now can only do good. :smile: Kerrie.

Replies

• klyttle
    klyttle Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome Kerrie! I'm new to MFP, but not new to weight loss. Here looking for motivation, accountability, and support, so welcome-- you're not alone! :) I previously lost 100 pounds and have gained 40 back. I need to get back to the motivation I had to lose the 100-- this week is a new beginning for me. I look forward to getting to know you on here and supporting each other.
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerrie! Welcome to MFP! If you use it properly and stick to it it will work! I started April 1st and lost almost 15 pounds. I was stuck at the 180 mark for some time and watching what I stick mindlessly in my mouth has been the key to get off that plateau. Congratulations on the birth of your 5th child! I'm exhausted just thinking about the work involved in raising a large family! I have 2 kids and my "baby" will be 13 on 6/1! I am one of 7, though, so I know the fun and entertainment that comes from being in a large family. Good luck on your journey... give yourself plenty of time because slow and steady wins the race!
  • cleopatra39
    Options
    Hi- I just started too!!! Have been doing one diet or another since my teens and now I'm trying this. It's fun to check in every night to see what I've done. Good luck to you!
  • kerrie1975
    kerrie1975 Posts: 4
    Options
    I, too, am not new to the weight loss scene. Just new here.

Since I fell pregnant with my first child I've been trying to get it off, but have gone further the wrong direction with each one. I am now determined to lose the weight before I have any more.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi Kerrie, welcome to the MFP forums! :flowerforyou:

Take some time to have a look at the sticky threads in the general chat forum! There is some great advice in there that will help you along the way! Enjoy your new lifestyle change and hope to see you around the forums...there are some fantastic people here who will support you and help you along the way!

Good Luck :flowerforyou: