weight loss and excercise

Options
Hello my name is Connie and I have decided to start a diet and exercise program on my own. I need to lose 40 lbs. I havebeen dieting since March 1 and have lost 35lbs. I started walking daily for an hour. So open to any suggestions or tips to help me on my journey. Thanks

Replies

• Maanu60
    Maanu60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow you just need to lose another 5 lbs? Thats awesome! Keep going you're doing great!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    dance? yoga? zumba? jazzercise? martial arts? roller skating? hoola hooping
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walking can be great for cardio. Add in some strength training so you can hang onto more lean muscle. You can start with body weight exercise...push ups, planks, squats, etc. I like strength training DVDs, but there are tons of on-line workouts. Look for JessicaSmithTV, Fitness Blender, Hulu.com
  • whirlygig60
    whirlygig60 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you've already lost 35 lbs, just continue doing what you are doing. No need to change it up if you don't want to.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to mix things up a bit consider ... cycling, swimming, weight lifting, kayaking, playing squash, hiking ...

Get ahold of some tourist information in your local area, especially active stuff like local hikes and hiking clubs, or whatever interests you.
  • fitnessnfoodness
    fitnessnfoodness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    dance? yoga? zumba? jazzercise? martial arts? roller skating? hoola hooping
    I just started Jazzercise and absolutely LOVE it. Up-to-date music and moves that don't always feel like exercise. Don't get me wrong, it can be tough but its so much fun at the same time. According to my heart rate monitor, I burn an average of 450 kCal per hour

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You should do some weights, not just cardio. Good for you, taking charge of your life !
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things! It's fun!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The tips I can give you is don't diet! Just eat healthy and walk like you are doing. Mutual support from other members helps tremendously. I am still learning new food ideas from my friends. Send me a friend request if you want. I only ask that the support be mutual!