How often do you weight yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Is in the morning best? This is my 1st week of dieting and not sure whether to wait till after a couple of weeks as not sure if I'll have lost much in 1 week.

You might be surprised! My first week of tracking I lost like 3 pounds. :)

I feel it's best for me to weigh int he morning. By the end of the day I tend to feel bloated.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Is in the morning best? This is my 1st week of dieting and not sure whether to wait till after a couple of weeks as not sure if I'll have lost much in 1 week.

whatever time works best for you.
    morning before my shower to wash off my fun works best for me
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Lightest weight is typically first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and naked. It typically has the least amount of variables since clothing, food, water, waste, etc can all show on the scale and for most will vary from day to day.

How often you weigh is up to you. If you want to know when your holding onto water then more frequent weigh-in's are better for that. If you will get upset if you see a slight gain, then less frequent weighs might be better. If you want to see 2-4 lbs losses at a time then maybe once a month would be best (you don't look like you have a lot to lose and that typically means slower loss).
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Every single day, first thing after I wake up and pee. Wish I could poop first thing, but that doesn't happen until after breakfast.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Yeah, I know, TMI.
  • clarelara24
    clarelara24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, just trying to lose the last few pounds, I was a stone and a half heavier a few years ago and managed to lose it and maintain that loss but in the past year I've felt my weight creeping up again.
  • Luciano500
    Luciano500 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Everyday. I have an aria scale, so I step on first thing after going to the bathroom in the morning and it updates my weight for me. I also, check trendweight.com every couple days to make sure that the overall trend is going in the right direction.

uh, nice... I am going to check that trendweight.com .... it sounds interesting.
  • Luciano500
    Options
    Everyday. I have an aria scale, so I step on first thing after going to the bathroom in the morning and it updates my weight for me. I also, check trendweight.com every couple days to make sure that the overall trend is going in the right direction.

Joan, have you lost some weight? wink wink.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know, TMI.

I find it very interesting actually!
  • Danielleb19830026
    Danielleb19830026 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weight myself on Mondays and Fridays because I should drop a pound a week based on my diet and exercise.
  • Luciano500
    Options
    Yeah, I know, TMI.

kkkk.... not at all! I am convinced that I shall try this daily weighting now....

• atypicalsmith
    Options
    Can everyone agree to say "weighing" and not weighting"? Dunno why that annoys me . . . my apologies
  • Luciano500
    Options
    Can everyone agree to say "weighing" and not weighting"? Dunno why that annoys me . . . my apologies

my bad! my proper grammar escapes me sometimes.