calluses holding me back....advice?

Options
looking for any advice - I have calluses on my hands after lifting for a while, they really hurt on my pull reps and are seriously holding me back, I can lift heavier than I am at the mo and its driving me nuts......

I dont use lifting gloves, I do use a pumice stone but at a loss what else I can do....

Replies

• FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I swear by this stuff: http://riptskinsystems.com/ As an aerialist I have permanent callouses, and ripping one off mid-gig is not a fun option. Daily maintenance is key - Take care of the mitts, and they will take care of you.

For on the day issues, if you don't have a Rip kit, pack it with chalk until you can do some maintenance.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Chalk, liquid chalk, straps, hooks, mixed grip, low hand grip.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Can't personally testify success, but you can look into Rippetoe group - a way of holding I knew someone to recommend to reduce calluses.
  • prideofthelion
    prideofthelion Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thanks all, interesting stuff and looks like my grip is wrong! will try to change this next time I lift and let you know
  • prideofthelion
    Options
    Guys thanks for the advice, I corrected my grip on last session and how I approached gripping was all wrong, pain free training was awesome. DOMS The next.Day not so awesome but a good sign....

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I have an Emory board that works well. Some sanding and walla! world records fall. And if I rip one while lifting I slap on some medical tape and world records fall.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I trim mine down with cuticle nippers to make sure they don't rip. Works for me.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    use chalk
  • prideofthelion
    Options
    I do use the stone thingy to sand them down and cuticle nippers seem a good idea. Been playing with grip techniques and seems that was the major problem. Have jumped my barbell row from 28kg to 34kg overnight, bring on DOMS.....