New but not new

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Tammy... I am here once again due to a very dear friend.... I have not been here in a long time due to a son of mine battling cancer... He lost his fight on December 9, 2010... I am not in the mode of getting healthy... Please help me along....

Replies

• tarmlin01
    tarmlin01 Posts: 18
    Options
    that is supposed to say I am in the mode of getting healthy now.. LOL.... please forgive me
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am sorry about your son, please feel free to add me as a friend. Wishing you well on your journey!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    At first it is hard to be dedicated so I had to chop it up into 24 hour periods. Every morning I would promise myself, and often my husband, that I would remain true to my goal and dedicated for that day ONLY. I didn't think past it and focused on the thought that "even I could remain faithful to something for 1 measly day".
    I lived like this for the first number of months . . . and hey . . . If I slipped up the best time to refocus is NOW . . . not the next day, not on Monday . . . the moment you finish eating something your shouldn't. Don't regret what you have done . . . look forward to the end of the day only.
    After a while once you realize how great you feel and see some healthier results it actually has the effect of lighting a fire under your butt . . . so you can actually start to dare to look forward to your ultimate goal.

Take one day at a time and allow yourself to be angry and go through all the emotions you will have to go through.
  • april3gals
    april3gals Posts: 11
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your son. I cann't think of the deep pain you must be going through! I lost my brother in1991 so I know how hard it can be. you are wellcome to add me. :)