Blisters - how to heal as quickly as possible?

Options
RBrigzy
RBrigzy Posts: 152 Member
Please can anyone help me with some tips on how to get my walking blisters healed up as soon as possible?

Thanks

Replies

• markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have always used after shave on popped blisters. Whether or not it's a good idea I am not sure. Could be an old wives tale but it doesn't seem to do mine any harm and I do a lot of miles walking / hiking
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Clean them out, throw some Polysporin on them, cover them with band-aids, and wear shoes that don't rub against them.
  • RBrigzy
    Options
    I expect the aftershave acts an antibacterial.
    Polysporin I will look up - not heard of that one.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I’d recommend you spend some quality time browsing the band-aid isle at your local pharmacy. You can get these gel-like band-aids that are waterproof, stay on for days, and have anti-bacterial ointment on the inside to help with healing.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I pop mine then cover them in super glue.

If you are getting blisters from walking you need different fitting shoes.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    I’d recommend you spend some quality time browsing the band-aid isle at your local pharmacy. You can get these gel-like band-aids that are waterproof, stay on for days, and have anti-bacterial ointment on the inside to help with healing.

Haha, true, it's 2015, forgot
  • RBrigzy
    Options
    Ok , appreciated advice.
    I got them from doing a fifty mile walk, I did blast NY feet with Vaseline before and half way through the walk along with dry sicks, but still they inevitably came.
    There seems to be some debate around keeping them open to the air versus the band aid gel approach.
    I just the suckers gone so I can hit the next challenge walk.
  • RBrigzy
    Options
    That's 50 miles in one day bye the way :)
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like leaving them open for the first day so they dry out (makes them less painful), then I cover with either a blister band-aid or some of the second skin-type stuff.