how to relax???

Options
I was getting ready for a nice bath when my boyfriend called my cell only to let me know that he is in the hospital from an injury that occured during his football practice this evening.

Now I'm at home and it is getting past my bed time and all i can do is worry about him!
He has soooo much football things coming up this summer and I am very conccerned that his injury may be serious.
He says its his knee.

I dont know what to do to calm down.

Replies

• lady95
    lady95 Posts: 46
    Options
    That sounds pretty serious. Why can't you visit him?

What I do to relax when something like that is going on and I can't seem to do anything about it is when I watch my favorite movie as a distraction, and drink some hot tea. It works for me, anyway.
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I like to write lists of questions to ask the next time I talk to a person, ie a friend of mine just had emergency surgery and I was so shocked and worried I could barely form words when she let me know. I have a little list of things I want to know when I speak to her next (recovery time? what can I do to help? will she need physio? can I help her out with driving?). Then I feel like I'm being prepared to help the next time I talk to her.

Hugs your way, having situations where you have no control are scary. Best of luck to you and your boyfriend!
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd be able to relax either. You could try a nice cup of tea or go ahead and take a nice warm bubble bath and read a book. If you can't talk to him or visit him right now, try to occupy yourself with something else. Hope everything's OK.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I like listening to music while taking a nice walk to calm myself down.