Your favorite low calorie breakfast food?

Options

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Egg McMuffin-Style sandwiches for breakfast. Made at home, it saves some fat calories and I use egg whites. But HAVE to have the Canadian bacon and cheese!
    If I have already worked out before breakfast (which means I have less time to get ready for work, or cook, etc.) then I make a nice cold smoothie with a protein powder, frozen fruit and some 1% milk. That gives me a good mix of everything I need to help my body recover after a good workout.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    This website gave me some great ideas on how to make different types of oatmeal (yum!)

http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal

I also have egg whites, bagel thins, laughing cow cheese, turkey sausage, etc...just whatever sounds yummy for that day. :)
  • ohhbee2012
    ohhbee2012 Posts: 17
    Options
    instant oatmeal packets are very low calorie! delicious and filling as well.
  • MeaganAnn84
    MeaganAnn84 Posts: 95
    Options
    Smoothie - for sure! I like a hot breakfast sometimes also, 1 egg with veggies! For my smoothies I use Slim Fast Vanilla shake mix, 1 cup frozen fruit, and water. Delish!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You may not want to eat it everyday or anything, but you could occasionally have what you want without too much damage. Below is an example of two pancakes with syrup and an egg white omelet with sausage in it. For a total of 347 calories.....Just gotta watch your portions.

Van's - All Natural Buttermilk Pancake, 2 pancakes (88g) 170 cals
    Log Cabin - 100% Pure Maple Syrup, 0.0625 cup 55 cals
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped 34 cals
    Organic Valley - Egg Whites, 0.33 cup 33 cals
    Raw Green Bell Peppers - Green Bell Peppers, 10 Strips 5 cals
    Applegate Farms - Breakfast Sausage 1 links 50 cals
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I eat a huge breakfast so you can probably pick one or two of these items and be good with it.

Typical Day is whole grain waffle (I make them from scratch) topped with sugar free syrup with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambled and a serving of fruit.

Some days I'll make a whole grain english muffin topped with 1 egg white, reduced fat cheese and 2 strips of bacon and some fruit.

Alternative bagel with cream cheese, serving of fruit, 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambled.

I try to aim for around 400-600 calories at breakfast.
  • PrincessBTits
    PrincessBTits Posts: 198
    Options
    here are my usual breakfasts:

* 2/3 cups oats,1 cup fresh fruit, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup 2% milk

* 2 eggs, 1/2 cup fresh spinach, 1 tsp cheese all in 1/2 whole wheat pita (sometimes I add a teaspoon of honey dijon mustard)

* 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 eggs, 1 cup broccoli, 1 whole tomato (done in a scramble)

* 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup ice, 1 cup oj, 1 cup fresh fruit, 1/3 cup greek yogurt
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast, and have to have a filling one. My breakfasts are usually 300-400 calories. That helps keep me full longer.

But I can give you at least one idea if you want a lower cal breafast. A deep chocolate vitatop muffin and a glass of milk will be under 200 calories depending on what kind of milk, and how big a glass.

I usually have 1 Tb of peanutbutter on my vitatop, half a banana and 6 oz of 2% milk. I think that is around 350 calories. But you can fix it how you like. You could skip the milk and have tea. Though I am trying to get 3 servings of dairy in everyday to help with my weight loss.

Sometimes I will have 1 egg, 1 slice of toast(sometimes with 1 Tb butter) and a glass of milk. The egg is 70 calories, the toast is 100 or less, the butter is 100 and milk is under 100. Leave out the butter or the milk and it is only 270. Throw in berries or your favorite fruit will help you to be fuller and doesn't add very many calories at all.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    You may not want to eat it everyday or anything, but you could occasionally have what you want without too much damage. Below is an example of two pancakes with syrup and an egg white omelet with sausage in it. For a total of 347 calories.....Just gotta watch your portions.

Van's - All Natural Buttermilk Pancake, 2 pancakes (88g) 170 cals
    Log Cabin - 100% Pure Maple Syrup, 0.0625 cup 55 cals
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped 34 cals
    Organic Valley - Egg Whites, 0.33 cup 33 cals
    Raw Green Bell Peppers - Green Bell Peppers, 10 Strips 5 cals
    Applegate Farms - Breakfast Sausage 1 links 50 cals

I agree here. Plus, I've always heard to make breakfast your biggest meal (in retrospect) but not eating enough for breakfast can set you up for failure the rest of the day. I like the above recipe. I like natural peanut butter/banana on toast or a Van's waffle, a bowl of fruit. A poached egg on top of sauteed veggies with a sprinkle of cheese and some toast.
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    waffles! eggos fiber plus waffles. 2 for 160 calories . pour 1/4 cup of maple sugar free (delicious) log cabin syrup over it and you are done. i agree with the egg white omelettes and of course sugar free oatmeal packets that are 100 calories :)
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I love breakfast, and have to have a filling one. My breakfasts are usually 300-400 calories. That helps keep me full longer.

But I can give you at least one idea if you want a lower cal breafast. A deep chocolate vitatop muffin and a glass of milk will be under 200 calories depending on what kind of milk, and how big a glass.

I usually have 1 Tb of peanutbutter on my vitatop, half a banana and 6 oz of 2% milk. I think that is around 350 calories. But you can fix it how you like. You could skip the milk and have tea. Though I am trying to get 3 servings of dairy in everyday to help with my weight loss.

Sometimes I will have 1 egg, 1 slice of toast(sometimes with 1 Tb butter) and a glass of milk. The egg is 70 calories, the toast is 100 or less, the butter is 100 and milk is under 100. Leave out the butter or the milk and it is only 270. Throw in berries or your favorite fruit will help you to be fuller and doesn't add very many calories at all.

I LOVE VITATOPS! I totally never thought to put pb and banana on one either and now I'm stoked. I like mine as dessert wtih a scoop of frozen yogurt and some strawberries or almonds!
  • swilliams26
    swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon and egg substitute
  • arielprice
    arielprice Posts: 3
    Options
    Plain oatmeal mixed with 1/2 cup of fresh fruit and peanut butter.
    4 egg whites with veggies in them.

oh that sounds reaaally good.
    Any idea how many calories are in the oatmeal/fruit mix?
  • arielprice
    arielprice Posts: 3
    Options
    This website gave me some great ideas on how to make different types of oatmeal (yum!)

http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal

I also have egg whites, bagel thins, laughing cow cheese, turkey sausage, etc...just whatever sounds yummy for that day. :)

Thanks for the link! Love it!
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit ,at the moment its strawberries and blueberries with natural yogurt ummm lovely
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Since I've stopped eating oatmeal for breakfast and cut out bread I have lost 6 lb. in three weeks. My new favorite breakfast which I have been having every day for the last three weeks is Fage 0% Fat Free Plain Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of honey, some berries or other mixed fruit and 2 tbs. of wheat germ. The protein in the yogurt keeps me satisfied and the wheat germ gives it a nutritional boost. Give it a try! : )
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My latest is low calorie, fast, easy and portable: egg white omelet with just seasoned egg whites (17 cal each) and 1 slice of Orowheat Light Whole Wheat bread (40 cal for 1 slice-it's tiny). I use a dribble of olive oil to fry up the egg whites while the bread is toasting, throw the egg whites on the toast, grab a napkin and run out the door. You can add more to the omelet it if you have time, but my main goal is to get something in my stomach and for it to be something I can take with me while I'm rushing out the door.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't do low calories for breakfast. I want dinner to be my lightest meal of the day. On gym days I eat an omelet or scrambled eggs with oven backed home fries. On non gym days oatmeal with dried cranberries, or cereal with almond or rice milk and a piece of fruit.
  • htupa
    htupa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light a nd Fit vanilla yogurt (1 cup =110 calories) frozen mixed berries thaw(1/2 cup = 40 calories) Kashi Go Lean Crunch (1/2 cup = 80 calories). 230 calories. Keeps me full till lunch!
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hard boiled egg and yogurt with 1/2 cup orange juice and coffee.

Or - stringable cheese, yogurt, bagel thin (100 cals), oj and coffee.

I eat an apple on the way to work, and have breakfast as soon as I get to the office.