Hello looking for anyone over 50

dollie196
dollie196 Posts: 3 Member
Hi I am over 50 and looking for friends who want company on this road. I want to be the best I can be. I can't run a mile, yet! But I want to be able to run after my grandchildren. ( I will never out run them lol ) It will be nice to have company.

Replies

• LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 107 Member
    Hi! I'm 55 years old and on a long journey. I have over 200 lbs. to lose and am very limited on exercises because of my disabilities. So far I've lost at least 51 lbs. since December. I don't have any children
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Hi, way over 50 here--almost 66, no grandchildren, though. My 46th day on MFP (this time) and I think I finally found what works for me! :) I want to lose 80 pounds total. You can add me as a friend as I don't know how to find these threads again.
  • marky1965
    marky1965 Posts: 220 Member
    Hi, I am 50. Add me
  • happycpl052
    happycpl052 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there! I am 52 and recently lost 35 lbs., but I've stalled and could also use a motivational boost!!! I work in small steps, 10 lbs at a time. Those big numbers make it look so unattainable and I think it is very important to celebrate those small steps because in the end they all add up to make a BIG difference. I'd love to join you in your journey. :smiley:
  • Scott2bfit
    Scott2bfit Posts: 24 Member
    Good Morning! Add me I'm 57. Happy Hump Day...
  • janeh1959
    janeh1959 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello I am 55 and I struggle with my weight since having fibro, and looking for friends on here to chat with :)
  • fattylivis
    fattylivis Posts: 82 Member
    Another +50 female, ready to give support and company on yhis journey. I ccn't run a mile either which is why i break it down into smsller intervals
  • kmwinebarger
    kmwinebarger Posts: 1 Member
    Karen
    I am over 50 and I need to lose at least 10 pounds but 20 would be great! My daughter gave me her Jawbone, so I hope this will motivate me to get moving!
  • daacree
    daacree Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi I will be 51 and have had a rough 2 years physically but am just getting my blood count back to where I am able to work out. I would like to 30 lbs! Just started using MFP and I lost 3lbs this week:)
  • Suenellcb
    Suenellcb Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in. I am 66 and have a grandchild, although not in this state. I was exhausted after running after her for one week! Want to lose 20 pounds, as I know that is my best feel weight. I need motivation as I do something one day and then quit! Keep to get back on track!
  • brentopia
    brentopia Posts: 113 Member
    I'm 57 - feel free to add me, OP or anyone. Surround yourself with positive MFP friends that are motivated to get fit and learn and stick with it. You can do this.
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    So agree with brentopia - my pals have kept me going when normally I would have given up.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    52 here ... friends always welcome. My story: http://redd.it/2z4e9c
  • silverteacup
    silverteacup Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi, I am over 50 and still wresting to lose weight. I've lost a lot but still have more to lose I welcome companions on this journey.

Feel free to add me.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Hi! I'm 51. I have lost 52lb. Add me if you would like a friend :)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Hello! I'm 50, have lost 28 lbs with another 20 or so to go...it is totally doable! Welcome to MFP!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    oh, and I can't run a mile, don't think I want to either. I can walk many miles though and plank like nobody's business...but running....no thank you (say my knees!) :smiley:
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    49 and 11 months also good? rofl
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    I am 56 and have lost 65 pounds so far with 60 still to go. Feel free to add me.