calling all 5'4" 140-150 pound ladies who lost weight!

Options
Hey girls! I'm 5'4" and I've been trying to get under 140..for what feels like FOREVER! I've just started a new process and I definitely need some motivation and success stories!! Any and all pictures are welcome!! :smile:
-Cortney

Replies

• anjalinoniemehta
    anjalinoniemehta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here! I am 5'5" and seem to be stuck at 140 lbs. I started at 163 lbs on February 1st, lost some weight and joined MFP at 153. Till 140 lbs it was great, but now nothing seems to be working..
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Lost it before. ..gained it again, so I'm back. I made it to 125 last time and trying to get back that that weight....or at least lose enough fat to fit into my clothes and look better. I'm 5'4 and i was 160.... Think I'm 157 or something now.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    5'4 here... started at 150. got down to 135 and got off track... came back in jan/feb. at 138 and now at 125. Trying to get around 120-125... very slow on the last 10. I am not very active (walk only) so have to really watch the food.
    I would like to lose the last 5pds so I have some cushion.
    I still have belly fat and I realize lifting weights would help this. Just haven't gotten the motivation yet. ech.
    My advice....watch the food intake close. Rarely go over calorie goal. Only losing 1/2 pd a week you really have little calories to work with.
    good luck
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5"
    My highest adult weight was 260 lbs.
    Today I weighed in at 135.5 lbs
    Quick overview:
    pq8zmf6rqbip.jpg
    Recent pictures (using as start pics for 30 Day Shred), June 9:
    7nq3nu1s8vjl.jpg
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5"
    Quick overview:
    pq8zmf6rqbip.jpg
    7nq3nu1s8vjl.jpg

you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!
    Options
    I always flip flop from 140-150 and its so frustrating. I recently bought a fit bit so hopefully thatll help me monitor (correctly) my input/output in calories. I've also started eating less carbs. I am desperate to get into the 130's and thus far...nothing has worked. I workout 3-5x a week (lifting usually) with minimal cardio.
    Options
    bump? haha :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I always flip flop from 140-150 and its so frustrating. I recently bought a fit bit so hopefully thatll help me monitor (correctly) my input/output in calories.

The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be be patient. (The smaller deficit will also help you transition to maintenance.)

And the smaller you get the smaller the margin of error. So you need to log everything you eat & drink even more accurately & even more honestly.

Find some friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am 5'4" and this is my situation exactly. A few years back I went from around 148 to 131 with a combination of a higher protein diet, adding strength training, running 3 days a week (about 15 miles) and tracking my calories. I went from a size 8-10 to a size 4-6. I let some of that go and now I hover around 142 lbs and a size 6-8. I really liked the way I looked at size 4 so I am going to get back into the routine that worked before and see if I can't get back to around 130.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am with you guys. I was over 185 didn't weigh myself it is possible I was more. I have now been maintaing at 155 for about 8 months and want to be under 140 ultimately. I just joined the YMCA last week and am making an effort to be back on MFP full time like I was in the beginning. I've never been under 140 as an adult so I am ready to get there.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5, started at 146 and now at 130, aiming for 123 as my first goal. My profile pic is at 132, trying to find a balance between loving squats and lunges but hating my big thighs!
  • allicat1215
    allicat1215 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was about 157 then lost to 114. Am now at 126 and trying to lose around 10 pounds. I have a picture of my heaviest and lightest but it won't let me post from my phone.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and for most of last year I was around 150lbs. I started using MFP in September 2014. I'm now 105lbs and have been in maintenance since the end of March.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm 5'4" and got really really stuck at 140. Then again at 135.

The biggest thing was being very strict with my logging and weighing of food. I had to stop eating at the salad bar and eye balling my lunch. I weighed everything the night before, packed lunch. I weighed everything that could possibly be put on a food scale-and I started losing again. I also didn't lose weekly, it would sometimes take 3 weeks for the weight to drop, so I would say to also be patient if you're logging properly.

Also, I was going over on the weekends. So I started eating at a weekly deficit, shaving off 100 calories during the week so I could eat above maintenance on Saturday. Once I got to 140 I always kept a .5 lb per week goal, and continued lifting in order to save as much LBM as possible (looks hotter).
  • FloralBlossom
    FloralBlossom Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5"
    Quick overview:
    pq8zmf6rqbip.jpg
    7nq3nu1s8vjl.jpg

My stats are the same as yours except my highest weight was 180 but you look 1000xS better. Good job!

• kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    5'4". I think I topped out around 160. I never owned a scale but I think that's right.

Lost weight without even trying while working a manual labor job. I think that got me into the 140s.

I've been in the 130s for the past year. I've been down to 128 and I'm trying to get there again.

I lost about 15lbs last year by walking 6 miles a day and tracking almost daily. There were many days that I fell off the wagon and ate way too much. I picked myself up the next day and ate healthy and logged everything.

At present, I'm trying to eat smaller amounts of carbohydrate (approx 100 g a day) and only from vegetable and dairy sources. I still walk 6 miles daily but I'm also running 3 days a week. So far, so good. I know that weight training is the way I want to go, but there isn't a gym in my town.
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    swift13b wrote: »
    I'm 5'4" and for most of last year I was around 150lbs. I started using MFP in September 2014. I'm now 105lbs and have been in maintenance since the end of March.

Wow that's amazing.. How did you do it? Did you workout or just logging?
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    amnaimon wrote: »
    Wow that's amazing.. How did you do it? Did you workout or just logging?

It was all through changing my diet. It's as simple as that. I ate on average 1200 calories a day and lowered my carb intake because I have insulin resistance.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    43 years old and 5'5.

I started at about 160 five years ago, got down to 125, felt a little too thin, leveled off at 135-145 with heavy lifting and was happy there, but injury and depression helped put weight back on. I'm working to getting back around 135 again. I currently run 3x a week and lift heavy 2-3x a week (ideally 3, but sometimes life gets in the way) and eat about 1900-2000 calories when I log, and take weekends and major holiday off. I don't pig out when I don't log, but don't fuss over every calorie or macro. For instance, I'll just grab a handful of pretzels or chips instead of weighing an exact serving, or cook dinner without weighing and measuring everything.

6ad6c2e1h785.jpg

hyecrsz2vx1z.jpg
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" starting at 181 pounds and now I am down 49 pounds to 132 :) I would love to lose another 12 pounds to reach 120. You can see a B&A in my profile pic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!