after 4 weeks, feel like im starting to slip

Options
im craving the sugar like crazy. i find myself pulling towards anything sweet, and all my no no foods. im trying to resist, but when im tired, its murder.

Replies

• cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Ugh those times are SOO tough - Try to hang in there hon.. I know it can be tough but it does go away :)
    I have found, for me, that having a vanilla (or chocolate if you wish) protein shake - helps me - also Apples (specifically Pink Ladies or Honey Crisp are the best) seem to kill that craving for me as well :)

Hope it helps - Let me know if I can help you in any way!!!
    C.J.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    im craving the sugar like crazy. i find myself pulling towards anything sweet, and all my no no foods. im trying to resist, but when im tired, its murder.

Are you eating enough during the day? At what times do you find that you want to slip and cave in? You can do it-you can overcome!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Ive felt that way a bunch of times in the last 6 months but... IM STILL HERE! You can do it! Just keep doing what you are ABLE to do. You will eventually get out of the funk and then go balls to the wall again!!
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have those days, when I feel the need to each something sweet which my weakness is chocolate.. which I absolutly love I have one hershey kiss or else I have calcium chews that I take one twice a day with a meal and that is my craving for chocolate killer lately! Just remember all things in moderation and once in a while you can slip off track just get right back on the next day.. workout a little more.. drink extra water :)
  • FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue at night. I once heard that you are supposed to stop eating 3-4 hours before you go to bed. So I like to save 100 calories or so from my day and have a nice sweet lo cal snack right at that 3 hour mark to satisfy my sweet tooth. When i go to bed I'm just starting to get hungry again and figure I'm going to sleep anyways so what's the point in stuffing my face. You're already four weeks into it. You can totally keep it going!!!
  • tnturbomama
    tnturbomama Posts: 12
    Options
    When I am craving something sweet, I usually have strawberries with lite cool whip. Satisfies my cravings every time. :) Or.. if I cam craving chocolate, I will have a cup of hot cocoa. That does it for me, too.
  • snobuni08
    snobuni08 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Uggg I hate that damn sugar craving. I def. feel your pain. I know that during the day (late afternoon slump at work) when i start to crave sweets i eat a piece of gum, drink more water and make a deal with myself that if i still crave it in an hour that i can have a dove dark chocolate minature. 9 out of 10 times by the time the hour is up I usually have forgotten about the craving and occupied my mind with something else.
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    sugar free pudding!!!!!!! My little helper!!!!!

Also Yarnell's Guilt Free fudge bars!!! Sooo good!! 70 cals 2 grams fat and 9 sugars!!

Good luck!!
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Hi there! I know exactly how you feel.. have you tried protein bars? I've been eating one of those every day and find that it helps a lot with the sugar cravings, which I get often. I have an insane sweet tooth! Just make sure you check the nutritional information and make sure the sugar and carb content is low.
  • bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have about seven or eight days, right before and during Auntie's visit that I crave sweet. Can't stand pudding, fruit will cut if occasionally (agree on the HoneyCrisp or PinkLady apples, my two absolute faves) but there are some days that it's just not enough. When I'm having one of those days I'll save a bit of calories and have some actual chocolate. My favorite is peanut M&M's--very low sodium to help with water retention, and I get a bit of protein with my sugar. IF you have the willpower to eat some and not have it derail you, you might consider it. It's easier for me to responsibly eat a bit of actual chocolate every now and then than to abstain completely, when I try and do that I always fail.

Also, I used to buy mine single serve the day that I decide I need it. That way there isn't any floating around the house, incase I have a binge attack. I'm good now, have a huge stash of Easter candy in my closet that I dole out to the kids, and haven't touched a single bit of it. Today is the first day in over 3 weeks that I've had any, but like I said it's that time :)