Not doing well

Options
I am really having a hard time overeating. Would like to start an over eaters anonymous group. Even just on-line.

Replies

• Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    There is a site you can use. I'll link at the end here, but some people are leery of links, so if you'd rather search it instead of clicking, just type "over eaters support group online" into your search engine and it should be the first result. Lots of good information there.

http://www.oa.org/
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Can you talk to someone, maybe a therapist, about why you're over-eating? The support group is an awesome idea too. Marshall all your resources, it's your health! You can do it!
  • eshorts1
    eshorts1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just going through a rough patch right now. If it keeps on maybe I will. Just wanted to whine online a little.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you over eating because you're over restricting yourself?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    eshorts1 wrote: »
    I am really having a hard time overeating. Would like to start an over eaters anonymous group. Even just on-line.
    You don't have to start one - they already exist! I've never been to one, but some people swear by them.

You should go and report back with your honest thoughts, impressions, etc.
  • eshorts1
    Options
    Sometimes I think I am a little hard on myself when it comes to what I eat. But I think this time it is a combination on pms and other emotions. I found there is an on-line oa I am thinking about joining.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If that's you in the pic, you're not that fat. That's not a woman anyone would pass in the grocery store and think, "Jesus, put down the Oreos!"

You look fine. If you want to lose a few more pounds to be your healthiest, that's great, but no reason to be depressed over that body!
  • eshorts1
    Options
    Thank you for the motivation. And yes I would like more support. This is my current picture. My thing is I gain weight easy. I strength train 3 days a week and cardio 5.
  • lynn1643
    lynn1643 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way as you, I overeat then feel sick for days. I also gain weight really easily. I have tried some oa meetings. The book Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen and following a girl named Josie Mai on youtube has helpes me too.
  • eshorts1
    Options
    I would like to support you more. Let me know when you feel like overeating (if that's ok with you) :) and I will do the same. I know I do it when I am feeling crappy. I am feeling pretty good right now. So far so good. :)