Water

Options
How do you get enough water for the day?

Replies

• lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I keep a 32 oz. cup on my desk at work and make sure I fill it at least 3 times during the day.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i always have a bottle beside me... i drink when i'm hungry... i drink when i'm thirsty... i drink when i'm bored... i still have trouble making it all the way to 8 cups most days.
  • ccassandramarie
    Options
    Always carry a water bottle! That's what I do and it really helps!
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    I do bottled water 16.9 oz is 2 cups, so that's only 4 bottles a day, though I usually end up drinking more.
  • semarshall17
    Options
    I was a Orange Juice lover, and I cut down my daily Orange Juice intake a lot by drinking water every time I was thirsty. I also drink a couple big glasses of water before and after workouts, and I always have a glass of water close by to sip on when I get thirsty! I went from drinking a glass of water at supper, to drinking almost only water. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    Options
    My favorite snack at night is pretzels. If I don't drink 8 cups of water during the day, I have to forgo my pretzels. I've only missed 2 days since giving myself that rule!
  • path2a6pack
    path2a6pack Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    buy it & drink it - I get two 1.5 litre bottle and then drink 4 500 ML - its expensive but I cant stand tap water for some reason
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    I NORMALLY DRINK AT LEAST 1 BOTTLE IF NOT 2 BEFORE EACH MEAL.. I HAVE 4 MEALS PER DAY (1 BEING MY POST WORKOUT MEAL) I DRINK 1 DURING EATING AND FINISH THAT WHEN DONE. ALSO WHEN WORKING OUT I DRINK ONE DURING - THEN REFILL BOTTLE BEFORE I LEAVE AND DRINK THAT ON RIDE HOME.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I bought a liter sized water bottle and always keep it near. I found that when it was with in reach I would drink more water. Plus working out makes me thirsty and I won't deny myself a drink.
  • Hopfauf
    Hopfauf Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a 1 liter glass milk bottle that I fill with filtered water and add lemon slices, cucumber, mint leaves and fresh, (not ground or dried), ginger pieces. I found that combination when reading "The Flat Belly Diet" by the editors of Prevention magazine. It tastes so good that I forget I'm drinking water. I refill my glass all day and when the liter is empty, I refill it with water and keep drinking it. I replace in the bottle each day. Try it; it's really refreshing!
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    I normally start drinking water shortly after I get up in the morning. I have 2 different cups that hold 32 oz. For me, the bigger cups helps me keep track of how much I am drinking. (I get forgetful in my increasing age.) Water is about the only thing I drink any more. Nothing else satisfies my thirst. Like some of the others I drink when I am hungry, thirsty, just any time all day. Keeping a cup or water bottle close by is a really big help too.
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    if it's there readilly you'll drink it......keep it handy (just like all the others said)
  • drazil2
    drazil2 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a desk job so I fill a 2 litre jug/container every morning and take it with me to work along with a mug.
    to drink out of. As long as I drink most of the 2 litres during my work day, I figure I'm doing alright.

I find it works better for me then just refilling my mug all the time during the day because my daily water is already measured.

However, I do find it hard to drink enough water on the days I don't work and am out and about. I bring a water bottle which is handy but I often forget about it.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I love Sobe LifeWater, not just because I like the taste, but because it provides an excellent reusable 20 oz bottle (2.5 cups). I keep one in the bathroom (for when I wake up in the middle of the night, first thing in the morning, and right before bed), one in my room to drink while I'm at home, and one that I take in the car with me to work. In an eight hour shift I try to refill it at least once, and sometimes twice. Don't drink too much more than 8 oz in one go, though, because your body can't absorb more than that at a time and it'll just run right through you. Think of it as 3-4 large swallows from a bottle, it's really not too much.

If it's the boring taste you're worried about, try Mio. http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/

It's calorie and sugar free, mixes instantly because it's liquid rather than powder, lasts a long time (depending on how much you use), and comes in a variety of flavors. Like Kool-Aid or Crystal Light but better. :)
  • Requiem5k
    Requiem5k Posts: 1
    Options
    That is a GREAT idea! I like to have something sweet with a cup of milk before bed. It's not the best idea, but perhaps if I also make it my rule to drink 8 cups of water a day, it won't be as bad? And those days I don't make it to 8 cups (most days- I haven't done it yet!), i won't consume those calories!
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found it really easy when I had a desk job.
    Now that I am free of the desk it is more difficult but still definitely possible.
    I make it a rule to have 2 cups with every meal, any break at work or any snack and knock out around 3 with a work out.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Try to always have a full cup near me. If I haven't met, and am on here, I keep refilling my cup until I logoff. Being on here is motivation, willpower is getting up and refilling the cup when I've emptied it...I'm headed out to refill for 3rd time since I logged on about 40 minutes ago - 20 ounce cup, I only count as 2 cups and if I finish it, I'm over 12 cups for the day...
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I bought this bottle... 24 oz. The straw is the magic trick. I fill it at least 4-5 times through the day.

http://www.amazon.com/Trudeau-24-Ounce-Hydration-Bottle-Purple/dp/B0024MWXYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306378008&sr=8-1-spell
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I almost forgot-- the more you drink, the thirstier you'll be. I'm sure others can vouch for this. But once you start making a habit out of drinking a lot of water, just see how long you can go without it-- you'll be surprised that it's not that long most days! So don't worry, it's an easy habit to get into. If I don't at least have a few swallows of water in a couple of hours, I feel it, except on rare occasions.
  • pdxwarrior
    pdxwarrior Posts: 16
    Options
    I have a 64oz mug that keep on my desk in the office. On a "really" good day I fill it twice. Lately it's been 3/4 to a full one. Need to up my intake some more :)