Wii My Fitness Coach

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    son just got this for me for Christmas and gave it to me today.....said he knew i wanted it bad. well, me, DH, son all did our profiles and set up our workout. son wasn't going to do it, until we laughed at him, he got mad and did his profile and the first workout. just watching him i know i am going to love it. MUCH better than jillians(which i have also). you can do your workouts with someone else too. so DH and i might do our together. don't know how that will work out, since he put in to work on his core and i put weight loss. we will try it someday. he is only doing 15 & 30 min workouts. i set mine for 60. i am in better shape than the two of them. that made me feel good. i did 15 pushups. i have never been able to do 5.
    well, off to finish laundry.....
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to get mine now! Its in the mail!!!!
  • BodyByCrayton
    Options
    "Body By Crayton"
    For over 20 years, Andre Crayton, has been one of the leading authorities in human performance and nutritional weight-loss. Starring nationally on ESPN’s “American Muscle”, Fox59 Overtime, (Gary Mendelow), The Indianapolis Recorder on Air “Hosted by Carolene Mayes and Connie Gaines”, WAV53 Indianapolis, Channel 13 WTHR “Hosted by Dave Calabro, reporter Chris Stoute and the Dave’s Team Club Member, Real Women “Hosted by WTPI’s Kelly Vaughn”, Sports Corner WAV53 Indianapolis “Hosted by Jennifer Coffman”, Sports Extra WALB10 Albany,Ga., TBN’s Public Report Channel 42 Greenwood, Indiana “ Hosted by Kathy Nikou and Barbara Presutti”, WTLC Radio Indianapolis Breakfast Club “Hosted by Guy Black and Linda Clemons”, The Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper (freelance writer), also featured in Muscle Magazine International, National Physique Committee Magazine, and Indianapolis Recorder Weekly.

Andre is a graduate of Albany State University with a BS in Kinesiology with distinction, major in Exercise Science, and minor in Psychology. Andre was awarded Indiana’s Personal Trainer of the Year 1993-1998. He is also a National Physique Bodybuilding and Fitness Judge.

As a former teacher of physical education, Andre taught at St.Francis DeSales catholic School in Cincinnati, Ohio and John Marshall High School in Indianapolis, Indiana where he was an Assistant Girl Track and Field Coach.
    Earlier in his career, Andre was Georgia Track and Field Champion, a Semi Professional Football Player, Academic All-American, and 1984 Olympic track and field Candidate 800m, 1 mile.

Andre became involved in bodybuilding in 1986 where he won many awards including: 1990 Musclemania, BW Division; 1990-1997 Mr. Indiana, BW & LW Division, Mr. Indianapolis BW & LW Division; Natural Indiana Champion; placed in top 10 at Nationals and Jr. and IFBB North America; Pro World Bodybuilding Championships and a host of numberous awards and titles.

Established in 1990, Body By Crayton Fitness has been providing one-on-one and group personalized weight-loss, general body toning, fitness training and nutritional requirements for both men and women, in addition to our young adult and senior community. Body By Crayton's Fitness personalized training, combined with our nutritional programs can make a difference in your weight-loss and basic fitness requirements.

Body By Crayton Fitness has built a solid reputation with our unparalleled client and support services. Our health and fitness assets are all the components needed to succeed in the fitness industry.

Body By Crayton Fitness has no magic potions, just great fitness, nutrition, and one-on-one personalized training, which will let us provide new and old clients with an enjoyable and effective one-on-one personalized training experience.

We appreciate the opportunity to show you how we can make a difference in your life by allowing us to guide you to a better body, one month at a time.
    andrecrayton@yahoo.com
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 99.9% sure I'm getting it for Christmas tomorrow, so I'm excited as well. I did an hour this morning on the Wii Fit, and although I love it and it never gets old, I'm looking forward to something new.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    well, who got theirs for Christmas?????:bigsmile:
    lovin mine
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just got the Wii Fit and have had been using Wii sports a bit, but not as much as I should.I am just hoping that as I "unlock" more things,you can exercise forlonger time periods before you have to stop and pick another thing to do--that messes with my pace. We'll see!
    My friend did get the Jillian game and says it kicked her butt the first time.
    Be sure to post and tell us what you all think!
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    Now that I look at it - it is Wii Fit that I have! Like I said before, it's not too bad, but I did get bored with it. I have DDR for the wii as well. lol...I'm not really co-ordinated enough for it!
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It sounds like this is exactly what I am looking for. I know that the reviews are good but would also appreciate feedback from MFPers. Reposted from the hula hoop thread: following.
  • mhsrnmz
    Options
    I'm glad that you asked about this. Our family just got a Wii and I like the hula hoop games and the yoga/strength parts for toning. I feel my abs and hips in ways I have never felt before, LOL.

I was hoping that I could use Wii Fit for cardio on days when the weather makes it hard or impossible to run outdoors. So far I have not found a decent cardio workout. The running in place and free step are unlocked for 30 min. I barely sweat and it is pretty boring. I like the step class because it is fun but it only lasts for 6 min. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the class to say 30 minutes?
  • chipper15173
    Options
    the times will increase as you unlock. it's been awhile since i have done the wii fit. if i remember correctly there is a place at the bottome. say you select the step than on that screen at the bottom should be something about duration click on that and it gives different ones. if you have unlocked them. free step can go for an hour i think. running can go longer also.
    again it's been awhile, so trying to remember without turning it on.:wink:
    hope this helps.
  • Stlblackbelt
    Options
    :sad: The Jillian Michael's game is horrorable! I wouldn't waste my hard earned money on the game. I wonder if she even checked the game out before putting her name on it. The game is hard to get to read your moves. You move more on the game by standing still and moving your arms instead of jogging. I was really disappointed in the game. I think the Wii Fit is a better program then her game. I hope to figure out how it works soon.

A hint on exercise is to write down your plan. I suggest that you do something like walking in the morning and then again in the afternoon some other type of exercise. I do a variety to help keep me from getting bored.

Good luck on your quest!
  • mhsrnmz
    Options
    I just ordered My Fitness Coach. I'll report back once I have used it a few times. I do want to clarify this is *not* the Wii Fit or Wii Jillian Michaels. Apparently My Fitness Coach is on back order and ships in 2-3 weeks.
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    Yeah I bought the Jillian Micheals game, and its a waste of money. The graphics suck and its borning too!
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    Anyways My Fitness Coach is an awesome game. I've only played it a few times but it is so great and it gave me a great workout, and it lets you know how many calories you burn at the end of it too. Thank goodness for working at Best Buy and getting it the day it came out.lol
  • jacmiley
    Options
    I heart best buy!!!

It is where I got my lovely wii last Christmas by some miracle. Since then - I'm a loyal best buy customer.
    I know you work there and can care less .. just saying.

As for playing my fitness coach I haven't had a chance yet. I finally just got home. I opened it up on Christmas morning and then had to leave and go from place to place. What a tease. I'll start it tomorrow. I'm excited!!! :bigsmile:
  • jacmiley
    Options
    Ok .. I started it today.

The fitness eval and 15 minute workout - thought I was going to die. Haha .. honestly though about 250 calories burned. Thats impressive. I want to do 30 minute workouts but I'm afraid the whole dying thing wouldn't be a hyperbole anymore :laugh:
  • cettefille
    Options
    Someone bought this in my house. I haven't used it yet. It had great user reviews on amazon.com, I just haven't been able to get to it yet. Looking forward to doing it on my days off. Will come back and let everyone know how I make out.
  • alishacandoit
    Options
    The Wii Fit isn't heavy duty, but its great for light days or if you are just getting back into the zone of things. Its fun. My children love to do it too so it encourages healthy living with a positive spin. Its fun to compare and compete with family members. It can get very tedious if you do it all the time, but if its a substitute for the gym on occasion or to break up work out videos, its great.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I just got this today. Can't wait to try it out this week.
  • freckleston
    freckleston Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have got this My Fitness Coach and I do like it - even if I only have a chance to do the 15mins in the morning before work it is a nice little workout to get out of breath and sweaty.

The only disappointing thing is for 15mins it tells me I burned 40 calories. Does that seem right to you? On here 15mins of say aerobics is at least double that.

I was just wondering if you noticed the same?