Being a guest

Options
I'm going to my friends house this weekend. They usually have healthy food, but they will always have those chips and guacamole or pasta for dinner. I don't know what to do! I mean, I have to eat the food they make. I would eat smaller portions, but I don't want to be hungry. Ahh what to do? I am staying the night so I think im going to have to deal with lunch on the road, dinner and breakfast at their house, then lunch on the road again!

Replies

• JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You can always bring some snacks with you to eat if you get the urge. Even if you eat some fruit.
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    what about offering to bring some fresh veggies? Peppers and celery are both filling and good for you (I personally prefer cucumbers and peppers). Drinking water before you eat and while you eat is supposed to help ease hunger as well, I believe. Good luck and have fun :)
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    drink lots of water and eat some fiber rich foods before going.
    focus on the people and not on the food. If you need to remove yourself from the table, ask someone to join you in another room or ask them to go for a walk if you can't resist the temptation.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't know where my sister got this tidbit, but according to Ms. Knowitall, a home-cooked meal, that makes you full at the end, is about 800 calories. So if you reserve those calories for dinner and watch what you eat the rest of the day, you shouldn't mess anything up if we're only talking about a few days.

I tend to use this method when I don't feel like entering in a recipe and figuring out how many servings were in it.
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    you can always tell them you are trying to lose weight i know my friends support me and will try to stay away from the "fatty" foods. and don't be afraid to ask to measure your foods out. then you know you have the right amount
  • Tvstarbabe
    Tvstarbabe Posts: 101
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks!
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Certainly tell them your on a diet and trying very hard to eat healthy, but don't put them out. WATCH WHAT YOU EAT, you're a guest in their house.

Go the gym on Monday and workout
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Someone earlier mentioned fresh vegetables. These are great WITH the guacamole in lieu of chips. Guacamole is actually pretty good for you, all things considered. The unhealthy part is the fried salty chips.

The other suggestion is to make sure you stay hydrated. Drinking a lot of water, especially before a meal, will help you keep from overeating and feel full.