Losing weight for the wedding

Options
I'm wanting to lose about 50 pounds by this time next year. I have a hard time keeping myself accountable and staying on track. Any advice? Or a buddy to help me stay accountable? :)

Replies

• kuulmamma
    kuulmamma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been using the search to find people. ;)

My example searches, paleo, nursing, Fitbit, something new comes up often.

Try wedding, dress, special event?

Congratulations!
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'll be your buddy. I've been doing a paleo diet that's been working really well. Eggs for breakfast!
  • ericalcourt194
    ericalcourt194 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a support buddy. I'm getting married next summer and would love to loose 20lbs
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a 24 year old medical student and I am getting married this July. I have lost 49 pounds total (ultimate goal of 60 pounds total). I went from 181 to 132. I did not lose ALL the weight for the wedding, I started losing weight before I got engaged. And congratulations on your engagement! The important thing is to want to also lose weight for other reasons to make sure you stay motivated and that you can keep it off after the wedding :)
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your current weight is, but if you have 50 lbs to lose, that is do-able over a year. Think of it in small chunks - an average of a pound a week.
    Having buddies is great. But nothing will keep you more accountable than logging in daily to My Fitness Pal. I know it sounds boring, but these calorie counts really do work.
    Congrats on the engagement!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to lose about 50 pounds by this time next year. I have a hard time keeping myself accountable and staying on track. Any advice? Or a buddy to help me stay accountable?

Get a Fitbit and find some friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!
  • MissVero83
    MissVero83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

In terms of advice - find something healthy that'll work for you long term so that you don't gain it all back post-wedding. Also voting for getting a Fitbit. I've had mine for about 2 years and I love it - it definitely helps put things into perspective (calories in vs. calories out etc.)
  • kirstendawm
    kirstendawm Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to get a Fitbit but they are pricey. We are currently trying to save money for a home and our wedding so a Fitbit may not be an option, but I would love to have one. I have friends who have them and love them!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe one of your friends'll upgrade to a fancier Fitbit, and give you their old one.

Hands down, the best weight loss advice I ever received was to read the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

A safe, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. Lose what you can before the wedding, then keep logging after the honeymoon. Logging works.

And congratulations!