P90X Day #1- Anybody else around there?

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
Just wondering if anybody else just started. It wasn't too bad and I'm wondering if I used enough resistance. Of course, I couldn't do regular push ups, did knee ones. Next time I'll push myself even more.

Anybody else?

Replies

• La_Amazona
    Options
    I wonder if this is in the section? Should I go to the support one?
  • snkeyz
    snkeyz Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi how u doing?? nice to see someone else doing P90X, yeh ive been doing it for about 1 month now and im just starting to get off my knees while doing push ups, its still difficult but it'll be woth it in the end, let me know how ur going
  • focus2bfit
    focus2bfit Posts: 201
    Options
    I finished p90X awhile back and still remember day one! what resistance bands are you using i definitely was able to improve my push ups from start to finish and actually enjoy doing them by the time I was done! feel free to add me as a friend
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    doing it on your knees isn't as helpful for your core. i did them on my knees for years with no problem & my personal trainer said "no more!" and has recommended i work on doing them on an incline instead. stairs are good to work yourself lower to the ground. make sure to bring your chest all the way down b/c those muscles are hard to work... he has me doing push ups using the bar on a weight bench - having it3 ft off the ground & he told me to keep working my way down... just an FYI
  • pdxwarrior
    pdxwarrior Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey newaustinite! There's a few P90X users around! I'm working towards day 90 now myself. I did slack for a little while after day 60 so I'm working to catch back up again. Resistance completely depends on what it is that you want to accomplish. The videos do a pretty good job of setting the ground rules. 12-15 reps for leaning out and 8-10 reps for growth. The last couple of reps should be tough. If they aren't then you need to up the resistance.

Doing knee push ups is perfectly fine! I've got some back issues and to be honest, if it's acting up too much I'll drop down to my knees. Also, after doing regular push ups I've been known to drop to my knees and crank out a couple more! It all helps!

If you haven't done your before pictures, make sure you do! Also do your measurements, it's a pain but it's a great way to watch and track your progress!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Focus- i'm using some I bought at academy. They're light, med and heavy. What I plan to do is use light and medium together then medium with heavy then all 3. It just didn't feel too hard for me. I used dumbbells but they're only 5lbs. I need to be more organized and have my resistance bands ready to go.

Snkeyz- I've decided that no matter what I can't do right now (like normal pushups) I will modify. So many times I have just quit because I couldn't do... when the fact is, if I would had given it some time, I would had gotten there. So far so good!

I do feel the soreness now in my upper body though.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    doing it on your knees isn't as helpful for your core. i did them on my knees for years with no problem & my personal trainer said "no more!" and has recommended i work on doing them on an incline instead. stairs are good to work yourself lower to the ground. make sure to bring your chest all the way down b/c those muscles are hard to work... he has me doing push ups using the bar on a weight bench - having it3 ft off the ground & he told me to keep working my way down... just an FYI

i will be working on doing them on my toes next time... even if I can only do 3 then i will drop down to my knees. I need to push myself! thanks for the info!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Hey newaustinite! There's a few P90X users around! I'm working towards day 90 now myself. I did slack for a little while after day 60 so I'm working to catch back up again. Resistance completely depends on what it is that you want to accomplish. The videos do a pretty good job of setting the ground rules. 12-15 reps for leaning out and 8-10 reps for growth. The last couple of reps should be tough. If they aren't then you need to up the resistance.

Doing knee push ups is perfectly fine! I've got some back issues and to be honest, if it's acting up too much I'll drop down to my knees. Also, after doing regular push ups I've been known to drop to my knees and crank out a couple more! It all helps!

If you haven't done your before pictures, make sure you do! Also do your measurements, it's a pain but it's a great way to watch and track your progress!

I'm jealous you're almost to the end. :D I will definately up the resistance. I was doing more reps but I don't think it was getting harder necessarily.
    And yes (yuck), I took pics tonight. I'm going to do my measurements tomorrow.
  • pdxwarrior
    pdxwarrior Posts: 16
    Options
    Technically I'll be done on June 1st, but I'm going to push past that and continue till July 1st. This is for a few reasons: 1) I have been working through this program, but I don't always complete every workout (sometimes I get 30-40 minutes in). 2) I slacked off for a few weeks after taking my day 60 pics (profile pic). I have continued to lose weight but I wasn't doing the workouts 3) Participating in a motorcycle rally/vacation in June for an extended weekend.

So yes, almost done - but still got a long ways to go before I'm "done"!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 if anyone wants to add me :) I'm the same and do a lot of the pushups on my knees but I'm reaaaaally trying to get on my toes and at least do 10 before.. its hard LOL