Healthy snack/Lunch Ideas?

Options
I tend to just want to get up and go to zaxbys or Taco Bell.... I like warm meals, but I need something fast and yummy too make for lunch that is healthy?! Any ideas?

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I like to take a Tumaros brand low carb wrap and put in 56g of heated chicken. If it is Mexican or Tandoori chicken, I like it with 15g Light Ranch dressing and/or guacamole, and field greens/grape tomatoes. I also sometimes do heated plain grilled or lemon rosemary chicken with 20g of pear slices, field greens, and 15g light honey mustard dressing. And chicken and red pepper hummus are also tasty in a wrap.
  • PCOSPAIGE
    PCOSPAIGE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Brownie Brittle is great! You can eat like 3 pieces and it's only about 100 calories. Plus it takes care of chocolate cravings.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's more cals and takes longer, but you can also take a Tumaros wrap and throw on 56g of Monterey jack cheese, 10g of raisins, and 10g of banana pepper or jalapeño rings. (Chicken can be added for more protein.) Heat it flat and open for about 45 sec in the microwave to start melting the cheese, then remove it and fold it like a burrito.

I spray a small pyrex dish with Pam, lay the wrap in, and spritz the top with a little more Pam. Then I pop it in a convection toaster oven at 400 and brown it on both sides. (It has to be flipped when the top is done, so the bottom can crisp up too.) Don't walk away. At first it seems like it's taking forever to crisp up, but every time I think I have a minute to run and do something, I come back to a burnt lunch!

The cals add up quickly on this one. Since I would love to have 3 but can't, I usually make some nice spicy Cuban beans in a cup of bouillon to help fill me up and slow down my eating. (One packet of sodium-free bouillon in 8oz hot water, your preference of chicken or beef, 55g low sodium canned black beans, seasoned with garlic, minced onions, cayenne pepper and maybe a little lime juice to taste.)
  • Fezaltin
    Fezaltin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, high in fiber & protein!
  • cmorganturner
    cmorganturner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much! I will keep those in mind!
  • beverlyringhiser
    beverlyringhiser Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I make a chopped salad of cucumbers, radishes, carrots, celery, green onions and canned beans that I rinse well, light zesty Italian dressing and add whatever herbs and seasonings you like. I make enough for several days and have a cup to cup and half for lunch. Loaded with vitamins and fiber and it's delicious and filling. If I don't have it for lunch, I sometimes have half a cup as a anack.