Need ideas on fast snacks

i work almost 70 hours a week and hardly have time to eat other then snacks here and there. Needing good quick ideas I can make at home to bag up and keep on me or close always.

Replies

• marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    At Walmart they have a lot of pre-packaged healthy veggies and fruits that are worth looking into :)
  • KristenKellam
    KristenKellam Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks. I'll look into that.
  • juliamccusker
    juliamccusker Posts: 1 Member
    http://nutritionstripped.com/almond-coconut-date-globes/

Try these! They're so delicious-like eating candy, and you can make a batch when you're at home and then just grab a couple spoonfuls and throw them into an airtight container and snack on it throughout the day. I used half almond butter and half better'n chocolate coconut chocolate peanut butter to save a few calories. It also upped the chocolate flavor which was lovely :)
  • KristenKellam
    Those look really good. I will have to give them a try. Thank you.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, meatballs/burgers, chicken drumsticks, protein shakes/smoothies, cut up vegies with dip, fruit, wraps/sandwiches, yoghurt, nuts, egg "muffins",tins of fish.
  • tdh_jsn
    tdh_jsn Posts: 18 Member
    Peanuts are good, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, bags of frozen veggies to throw in microwave and steam in bag, fresh veggies, fruit and many more depending on your goals. I would stay away from many store pre made shakes and protein bars. They are full of fat and carbs. Most all snack bars n cereal bars are crap. Hit me up and I will tell you some things I do to get my stomach shredded up. I am busy also so know how it is.
  • organizedrxhck
    organizedrxhck Posts: 24 Member
    Greek yogurt is my favorite. Nuts , string cheese, fruit ,peanut butter on celery I love it

• jesssargent2
    jesssargent2 Posts: 28 Member
    Fiber one bars or snacks are good.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Nuts or trail mix (lots of calories but yummy), granola bars, protein bars, Fiber One bars (don't forget the effects of fibre, but yummy!) I like to buy chips and various things in bigger packages, then portion them out in smaller baggies, then throw them in my bag.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Yogurt with a handful of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. One of my fav snacks at the moment.
    Pistachio nuts.... Very satisfying to take al the shells off,
    Piece of fruit....Apple, banana etc.
    Hard boiled egg (or just the white) on a slice of whole meal bread

I always need a little something between breakfast and lunch.
  • KristenKellam
    Thanks everyone. I'm so used to eating on the go and it's obviously bad if I'm trying to lose weight.
  • ElliePee15
    ElliePee15 Posts: 16 Member
    http://showmetheyummy.com/healthy-egg-muffin-cups/

These look yummi! Gonna try them today using just egg whites xxx
  • ElliePee15
    http://nutritionstripped.com/almond-coconut-date-globes/

Try these! They're so delicious-like eating candy, and you can make a batch when you're at home and then just grab a couple spoonfuls and throw them into an airtight container and snack on it throughout the day. I used half almond butter and half better'n chocolate coconut chocolate peanut butter to save a few calories. It also upped the chocolate flavor which was lovely :)

• ElliePee15
    Mmmmmm gonna try these thanks
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Thanks. I'll look into that.
    i work almost 70 hours a week and hardly have time to eat other then snacks here and there. Needing good quick ideas I can make at home to bag up and keep on me or close always.

Buy some tubs. And buy some full fat greek yogurt.add the yogurt and some seeds nuts fruits. And eat that mmmm mmmm bloody lovely
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Doyou have access to a fridge at work? If yes, I would buy veggies and fruits to store there and bring a weeks worth on Monday.

My favorite dip for veggies is whole grain mustard mixed 50/50 with lemon juice. Its pretty low cal, and amazing! I can eat it every day with some raw veggies dipped into it. Other options can be hummus, sour cream, ranch, etc..

• KristenKellam
    mkakids wrote: »
    Doyou have access to a fridge at work? If yes, I would buy veggies and fruits to store there and bring a weeks worth on Monday.

My favorite dip for veggies is whole grain mustard mixed 50/50 with lemon juice. Its pretty low cal, and amazing! I can eat it every day with some raw veggies dipped into it. Other options can be hummus, sour cream, ranch, etc..

Yes I do, I actually am doing my shopping tomorrow and have that on my list.
  • clairepfitness14
    clairepfitness14 Posts: 36 Member
    Some of my faves are pepper slices and hummus, oikos triple zero yogurt (vanilla) with berries and stevia, quest bars (chocolate chip cookie dough is the BOMB), apple slices with 2 tbls of crunchy all natural PB or PB2 if you're trying to keep calories low, and a handful of almonds! :)