Clean low carb

Options
lea781
lea781 Posts: 1 Member
Starting my low carb diet tomorrow. Weeks off rubbish food and not much exercise in feeling fatigued and down. I know you don't have to but I want to lose 4 stone healthily and no junk food. Just got my shopping and my protein shakes to start up tomorrow.
Anyone want to be friends to help each other with motivation and tips? And if anyone has any meal ideas to strip fat and get toned?

Replies

• pedidiva
    pedidiva Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi Lea! Good job starting out! A plan is good.
  • kimhart7731247
    kimhart7731247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this my doctor just told me I'm diabetic. I have to only eat 100 carbs a day. Omg this is going to be hard. Anyone have any advice?
  • ipress1962
    ipress1962 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A 100 grams of carbs a day will not put your body into ketosis you need to be under 50grams p/day. However a ketogenic diet is more extreme than just a low carb but the results are far better. I suggest you get on the 'old internet' and read/watch. Look for people like Gary Taubes, Peter Attia, Jimmy Moore, Stephen Phinney, Jeff Volek. and any other Ketogenic Lecture. Depending on your Carb Sensitivity expect to get a few side affects in the first week, these can be overcome with additional salt and increased water intake. The benefits of a very low carb diet are many and not just fat loss. Read, research and enjoy. A very interesting youtube video by Dr William Davis called 'Wheat - The Unhealthy Whole Grain' is also an excellent video. Good Luck!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you eat a variety of vegetables you will probably feel more full and get a good bit of carbs.

I just cut back the cake cookies etc at first and ate more vegetable and real meat instead of ground up encased meat products.

Just losing weight also helps Type 2 Diabetes

Doing cardio and burning the sugar out of your blood helps

If you are newly diagnosed as type two, read up on Reversal. It can be done. My first dr wanted to just give pills and treat like type 1 basically. I fired that Dr. Got a second one that wanted to try reversal.

Well done on going at it with dedication

For me, my experience, the carbs in great beans hit my system way more gently than a doughnut. You will find using your glucose tester what causes you spikes.

Hang in there and do some reading.

I can't advise strong enough to burn off the carbs you eat.

To drop weight you will need to control blood sugar spikes and eat fewer calories than you need.

Totally reachable goal.

Best wishes on getting there
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    log everything and good luck, I have eliminated processed sugar, lost almost a stone so far, my max carb intake has been 90 on one day but usually around 60-80

great thing is I don't feel hungry all the time

as you are diabetic consult your doctor regularly