I just changed my goals

Options
I changed my goals in my profile and I am hoping for some input on my goals also let me know some good fruits and veggies to eat what are some good example of good carbs or bad carbs or starches and processed foods so I can stay away

I am 5'4 145 lbs

SW 160lbs
CW 145lbs
GW 130lbs---By July 10, 2011

workout routine weekly

Mondays 45 min zumba
Tuesdays c25k 30 mins
wednesdays 45 min zumba
thursdays c25k 30 mins
Fridays zumba 45 min
saturday c25k 30 mins
Sunday walk 2 miles

no strength/ resistance :/

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I would recommend at least one rest day a week (or is that your walking day?), especially because zumba and running/jogging are high impact activities... and adding strength training/weights in, unless there's a specific reason you can't?...I did solely cardio for the first 6 weeks that I was getting back into regular exercise, and then added weight machines and some body-weight resistance moves (pushups etc). Toning your muscles will make you look smaller ;)

Good luck!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Why no strength training? That is my secret weapon for weight loss. I lost tons of weight without cardio and only working out the muscles in my living room.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You have your carbs set too low. They should be around 35% to 45% of your calories. Good sources of carbs are going to be whole grains that have high fiber. Some of these are quinoa, oatmeal, whole wheat breads, pastas and rice (still in moderation). Good choices of proteins are chicken, fish, dried beans, cottage cheese, low fat cheese (in moderation), yogurt....also, do you realize you can edit your food diary to show up to 5 goal categories. You can choose from protein, sugars, saturated fats, iron, sodium and many more. The foods you ate today look good. There are a couple of brands of lunch meat that doesn't have nitrates. One of them is Hormel Natural Choice. I eat regular sargento low fat, low sodium cheese instead of processed cheese. Avoid processed foods if possible. They are super high in sodium. Also, I alternate strength training with cardio each day. That is what they do in two different classes I go to...cardio one day and strength training the next. Good luck!
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Your goals are definetely obtainable and if that is what you really enjoy doing, zumba and c25k, then keep it up.

However if you want a variety to add some strength training switch your zumba class to a boot camp style class for 2 days one week and one day the next week.
  • cdclark81
    cdclark81 Posts: 11
    Options
    As far as the diet is concerned, there really are no bad fruits and veggies. The general rule with the veggies though is the darker the color, the better. Veggies with a deeper color generally indicate more vitamins. Take lettuce for example. Iceberg lettuce is very light green and has almost no nutritional value. Romaine lettuce on the other hand is a much darker green and loaded with Vitamin A. And if you like spinach, use that as your salad base instead of lettuce because that's even better for you. As far as I'm aware, there's really not a rule with fruits. There are fruits that people claim to be "superfruits" because they contain a lot of antioxidants, such as blueberries and pomegranates.
    There was the anti-carb phenomenon that swept dieters a few years ago, and it was really senseless because carbs are our main source of energy. Just be smart about it. Like vegetables, keep your carbs dark - wheat bread, wheat pasta, brown rice, etc.
    And as far as processed foods are concerned, stay away whenever possible. You never know what's really in them, and they're always loaded with sodium.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    If my math is correct, it looks like you're shooting for 15 lbs in about 6 and a half weeks. So about 2.3 lbs per week. That's rather aggressive for someone who doesn't have much to lose. 1 lb/week or even .5 lb/week would be more steadily achievable and healthier, especially if these are your last 15 lbs.

Your workout schedule looks great. Like others have said already, if you can incorporate some strength training, that will really help you, because it will maintain your muscle mass. Without it, you will likely be breaking down your muscle mass which can result in that "skinny fat" look.

As for food, I often refer to this handy food list often: http://bodyforlife.com/library/food-list

Hit that calorie target every day. You're in the home stretch, so you don't want to stall out here, so close to the end! :)

Good luck. Sound like you have a good attitude for success!