Wanting to buy new clothes but need to lose more

Options
Old clothes not fitting anymore and eager to buy new clothes. Hate spending too much on nice things when I have about 15 more to go. It's impossible to keep wearing bagging stuff. Bought a few things anyhow. It feels like I'm buying transitional clothing.

Replies

• kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    so you get some transitional clothes..no biggie. Hit some consignment stores, goodwill and clearance racks to get enough to get you thru till you are done. I do vote for getting one pair of steller looking jeans or pants the fit right.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I had to buy transitional clothing - My pants were literally falling off me. Do what I did! Goodwill. 8D
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Just get a few inexpensive things and wait until your done losing to spend a lot of money.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Ah, you're a man. Otherwise I'd say to just wear dresses. Yeah, go with second-hand stuff and Old Navy or Wal-Mart. But maybe get one really decent outfit, because there are those days you just want to feel your best.
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a brand snob, but just go to goodwill in a nice part of town :) I had to buy transitional stuff as well this week.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have had to buy transitional clothes a few times now, and I have been hitting clearance racks or using $10 off coupons from JC Penney's and Kohl's. I was also fortunate in that I had some smaller clothes that I had saved before I gained weight again that I have been able to wear now that they fit again. Definitely find a couple of pieces that you feel good in and try to buy a few cheaper items to help you get to your ultimate goal weight. Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I had no luck at goodwill. Everything in my size was either way too beat up, dress clothes or something far too trendy (or slutty) for my taste.

Kohl's has cheapish clothes, but they fall apart fast.

Wal-Mart and eBay are my go-tos for cheap clothes. :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I bought transitional clothes for pregnancy #2. Lost weight SO FAST having decent things to wear. Weirdly, it helped. *shrugs*
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have purchased almost everything I wear from Goodwill. Otherwise, I second using coupons at JC Penny (they have $10 off $25 all the time) or Kohl's usually has some coupons out. You'll feel better wearing clothes that fit and sometimes I buy a "goal" outfit that I work to get into.