susan from ireland

Options
Hi, I am a 50 years old wife and mother. I have generally been slim most of my life.... The weight has crept on over the last 2 years and it is time to halt it. I am 157lb and would love to lose 14lb in a month! So hear goes a healthier lifestyle :)

Replies

• 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Welcome Susan! I'm in MA in the U.S. so you're likely asleep right now. I had the pleasure of visiting Ireland in 2010
    ......It's not unrealistic to lose 14 lbs but to do it in 1 month is unrealistic. May I suggest you start by trying for 1lb per week? After 30 days if that doesn't work lower the goal to 0.75 pound or 0.50 pound per week. ....... Also if you're new here the suggestion is to know your TDEE and substract a 200-500 calorie deficit from that number. Using the Search button you'll find lots of threads on how to get started, etc. ...PM(Private Message Me) if you need help using the website. Good luck to you! Di or Diane
  • mjohansen808
    mjohansen808 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lets be friends!!!
  • Onelifeman
    Onelifeman Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in Ireland too. Good luck with your challenge
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ......It's not unrealistic to lose 14 lbs but to do it in 1 month is unrealistic. May I suggest you start by trying for 1lb per week? After 30 days if that doesn't work lower the goal to 0.75 pound or 0.50 pound per week. ....

I agree. 1 or 2 lbs a week is more realistic. I don't think conor mcgregor or ap McCoy could lose 14 lbs in a week.
  • susanlogan361
    susanlogan361 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just want to say that I didn't realise that I had entered 14lb in a month, I must have " hit the wall" after a particularly gruelling workout! ;) it should have been in 3 months. It is hard enough to lose 1lb a week! So onwards I go and with a bit of hard work and willpower by September I will be leaner, fitter and hopefully a little more aesthetically pleasing... At least to myself and my husband. Thanks for your comments :)