Still have more weight to lose but my appetite is increasing!!

So I've lost about 15 pounds give or take and I've really been all about creating a deficit through eating and working out! And I've been doing well but I still have another 5 pounds or so to go but my appetite is so ravenous suddendly! And I really can't just not eat when I'm hungry. I got used to eating at a deficit but now its like my body isn't having it all of a sudden, but I still want to lose and def don't want to regain what I've lost! Why is this and what can I do?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Are you over restricting yourself?
  • slimthickzee
    slimthickzee Posts: 22 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I don't think so, I ate enough and I was never hungry..now I just can't seem to get satisfied

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    I don't think so, I ate enough and I was never hungry..now I just can't seem to get satisfied

You could start off by telling us your stats and your caloric consumption? That'd be pretty helpful..
  • Liftng4Lis

How aggressive do you have your goal set? Are you getting enough fats and protein?
  • slimthickzee

You could start off by telling us your stats and your caloric consumption? That'd be pretty helpful..

I try to stay around 1500-1700 daily and then workout about 4-5x a week

Right now I'm 5'3 1/2 130 pounds

• slimthickzee

How aggressive do you have your goal set? Are you getting enough fats and protein?

I'd like to be 125 or a little below so I'm at the last five granted I havent gained any this week..I've been eating a crap load of protein and fat --ive been pretty low carb thru my weight loss journey --but this past week or so I've been eating way more carbs than usual due to this hunger spike

• Liftng4Lis

I'd like to be 125 or a little below so I'm at the last five granted I havent gained any this week..I've been eating a crap load of protein and fat --ive been pretty low carb thru my weight loss journey --but this past week or so I've been eating way more carbs than usual due to this hunger spike

I meant how many pounds are you set to lose a week? How aggressive?
  • slimthickzee

As long as its a loss and not a gain I'm fine but ideal would be a pound or so a week at this stage

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015

As long as its a loss and not a gain I'm fine but ideal would be a pound or so a week at this stage

She's asking how much of a difference is there between what your eating and your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).

If your using MFP's method that would translate to having your diary set to 0.5 lb (-250), 1 lb (-500), 1.5 lbs (-750), or 2 lbs (-1000) per week. She wants to know which one you picked in your MFP goal settings.

Or if your following another TDEE calculator, what % are you taking off? Are you eating 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, etc lower?

Example:
    I have MFP set to 1 lb per week loss. So I eat 500 calories less than what I burn.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I believe the recommendation that I usually see here is that when your down to your last 25 lbs or less; that you should aim for 0.5 lbs per week loss.
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Make more choices that include protein.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Lower your weekly weight loss goal

Eat back half your exercise calories
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Water is a huge factor for me when I get super hungry. Are you drinking enough water?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    What rabbitjb said.

Plus, don't keep telling yourself you're hungry. Hunger happens when it happens, not all day every day.
  • elcollins24
    elcollins24 Posts: 42 Member
    I think its fairly normal. Some days i couldnt eat enough, but other days i struggle to find an appetite.
    It could also be boredom hunger too? Be careful to differentiate between genuine hunger and the 'i could eat' feeling