Still have more weight to lose but my appetite is increasing!!

Options
So I've lost about 15 pounds give or take and I've really been all about creating a deficit through eating and working out! And I've been doing well but I still have another 5 pounds or so to go but my appetite is so ravenous suddendly! And I really can't just not eat when I'm hungry. I got used to eating at a deficit but now its like my body isn't having it all of a sudden, but I still want to lose and def don't want to regain what I've lost! Why is this and what can I do?

Replies

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    What is your daily caloric budget? What's your BMR? Have you cut out some foods you like?

Besides, the last 10 pounds is the most stubborn to get off - 0.5lb per week loss is great.
  • slimthickzee
    slimthickzee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »
    What is your daily caloric budget? What's your BMR? Have you cut out some foods you like?

Besides, the last 10 pounds is the most stubborn to get off - 0.5lb per week loss is great.

Around 1500-1700 .. And I've cut out a lot of those foods I used to pig out on but I give myself cheat days but the past week or 2 I've been eating everything in sight
  • Kathy379
    Kathy379 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    From what I understood, I think that once your metabolism speeds up from constantly working out, your appetite will increase. And as long as you're eating healthy foods you should be fine :)
  • slimthickzee
    slimthickzee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Kathy379 wrote: »
    From what I understood, I think that once your metabolism speeds up from constantly working out, your appetite will increase. And as long as you're eating healthy foods you should be fine :)

thanks!! i kinda thought my metabolism was increasing -- for various reasons lol so I think this may be the issue plus im doing more heavy weights so that may have something to do with it too :)
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Kathy379 wrote: »

Uh, no. Your appetite may increase, sure, but it's not your metabolism causing it. And the types of food do not matter for weight loss or maintenance.

If you're hungry, reduce your goal, maybe down to .5/lb week so that you get to eat more. Don't start stuffing your face with "healthy food" bc you WILL gain weight. It's all about calories.