What do you think it's 'worth'?

Options
hi guys! I'm curious - kinda new to the app, and trying to accurately log my workouts... I take a pole fitness class, but have no idea how many calories are burned doing it? I don't have a Fitbit or anything like that, and it's not listed in any generic listing that I can find. In the absence of an actual 'pole dancing' entry, what would be the next best thing? Yoga? Pilates? Low intensity circuit training? Help!

K :)

Replies

• macr0babe
    macr0babe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on skill/intensity. It could be anywhere between 250-350 per hour, according to fitnessblender. I think you can manually enter that in.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Invest in a cheap heart rate monitor - I got one from Ebay for around $15
  • KateS1205
    KateS1205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    KateS1205 wrote: »
    hi guys! I'm curious - kinda new to the app, and trying to accurately log my workouts... I take a pole fitness class, but have no idea how many calories are burned doing it? I don't have a Fitbit or anything like that, and it's not listed in any generic listing that I can find. In the absence of an actual 'pole dancing' entry, what would be the next best thing? Yoga? Pilates? Low intensity circuit training? Help!

K :)

Log it as Circuit training.

With somehting like Pole a lot of the benefit is the bodyweight resistance training, rather than the cardiovascular element.

Note that an HRM isn't going to give you a remotely accurate estimate as in the case of something like pole your HR isn't driven by the need to feed oxygen to the muscles to burn energy.

I'd agree with the suggestion of 250 cals ph as a rough approximation