recipe wanted - slow cooker / crock pot pork chops

Options
CraigIW
CraigIW Posts: 176
Okay so we know we are having (boneless) pork chops tomorrow night, and they will be done in the slow cooker. Now we need the rest of the details :)

I have lots of herbs and spices. I have chicken and veg stock. I have carrots and spring onions. Anything else other than standard stuff I'd need to check.

So, hit me with some recipies folks! :)

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Uhhhh dont have a recipe sorry but very interested in any that you may get....
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    not a slow cooker but cook them in their own fat in a pan with chopped shallots
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I always search on allrecipes.com or foodnetwork.com or epicurious.com all are good recipe sites. Stewed tomatoes along with whatever herbs and spices and maybe some carrots and kale or spinach then serve on brown rice would be something to try.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I usually season them and pan grill them for 5-6 minutes per side. They are tender and juicy. Now I want pork chops.
  • lizmc23
    lizmc23 Posts: 1
    Options
    One can of cream of something soup (I use cream of chicken with herbs. My mom uses cream of mushroom. Whichever you prefer)
    One packet of dry Ranch Dressing mix
    4-6 Pork chops

Put soup in crock pot, stir ranch mix in, put pork chops on top, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

We usually serve on rice with green beans or salad or whatever we have on hand. Super easy, inexpensive, makes the house smell great! Enjoy!
  • kiwi_tobi
    kiwi_tobi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I cook pork chops in the slow cooker with a tin of mushrooms soup and ad some herbs. I also add chopped peppers, mushrooms, celery, onions and herbs. The mushrooms sauce makes a great gravy for mashed potatoes or rice. And lizmc23 is right it makes the house smell GREAT!!!